Valentine's Day Special

(TW: Small implication of what Li Wei's parents would do to him)

*This special chapter is somewhat canon to the story but not completely, though I won't spoil what's canon yet or not.*

LI WEI HAS BEEN RELAXING AGAINST THE GYMNASIUM WALLS-reading a book called "Overcoming Trauma". The male still hadn't done much in terms of prosecuting his parents, but now the entire team and a few trusted adults know the truth. It has made his episodes a lot easier to handle.

Today is a bit of a lazy day, with it being Valentine's Day and all, so most of the team is talking to one another within the gym. As Li Wei continues to read through his book, courtesy of Kiyoko, he hears his name called. "Wei! Do you have a valentine?" Kiyoko asks, garnering the attention of every male within the room, sans the teachers.

Caught off guard by the question, Li Wei hesitantly looks up from his book and towards Kiyoko, who has been braiding Hitoka's short hair. Though most of the team calls him by his first name, he sometimes stutters when using the other's first names in response. "Ah, actually I do." He slowly utters out, going right back to his book, not believing his statement would really mean anything to anyone. Li Wei still struggles to understand that he deserves to be loved.

The gym is silent for a few seconds, before a large "WHAT" bellows throughout the room, from his teammates. Not a single member believed Li Wei would have a valentine, as it was agreed upon that the competition for Li Wei's affections, with the other teams, would happen when Li Wei was comfortable enough with affection. Now, they wonder who exactly decided to forgo the agreement and ask Li Wei out. The more surprising thing is that Li Wei must've accepted someone, even though their manager had never shown anyone much interest, aside from blushing from compliments.

"WEI! WHO'S YOUR VALENTINE?!?" Shouyou yells out, having heard nothing from his best friend. Li Wei is completely oblivious, so why would he ever agree to go out on a date?!? He tries to think of the other players from other teams who would be so bold, really only thinking of Kuroo or Bokuto. However, a quick text to the two denied those ideas, making Shouyou even more confused.

"I..I won't tell you." Li Wei, completely flustered, just wants to hide away. He checks the time on his phone, noticing how his date is supposed to be in 30 minutes. The male quickly gathers his things up, before bowing to his family. "My valentine will be waiting for me soon, so i'll see you all tomorrow." With a gentle smile, Li Wei leaves the gym, not realizing the mess of men he left behind. All of whom are texting anyone they can think of who would possibly ask Li Wei out, but getting no closer to the answer.

Shouyou jumps right back up, determination visible all over his face. "WE HAVE TO FOLLOW HIM!" He yells out, surprising his teammates who hadn't really thought of that answer. "BOKE! What if we get caught?!?" His friend Tobio shouts out, thinking of all the negative issues that would arise with stalking their most private friend. "BUT BUT IF WE DON'T, WE MAY LOSE HIM TO SOMEONE ELSE!!" Shouyou reasons out, finally getting a hesitant nod from Tobio. Before the rest of the team can really give him their input, he grabs Tobio's hand and runs out of the gym.

Li Wei sits down outside of a small café, awaiting his valentine. It was somewhat sudden, having been asked out a few days prior, but he honestly couldn't say no. That would break the poor girl's heart and Li Wei hated being the reason for someone's pain.

Another 10 minutes passed by, before a beautiful woman with golden locks and blue eyes sat directly in front of him, with a young girl of about 8 with similar features holding onto her hand. Smiling, Li Wei greeted the two. "Hello Sakura-san, Emi-chan. I hope you two are doing well." The young girl, Emi, quickly hopped into his lap and gave him a big warm hug, which Li Wei returned.

3 days ago, he found Emi lost within the city and helped her find her way back to her mother. While he tried to leave, Emi hung onto his clothes, having somehow gotten attached to him. Li Wei was called her prince and Sakura eventually asked if he would be Emi's valentine. The plan was to have Li Wei act as a prince from a fairy tale who got trapped on Earth and was meant to leave on Valentine's day. It would help Emi get over her sudden attachment.

While the three happily conversed, two boys were watching the scene with bugged out eyes, wondering who the lady was and why her child or sister was there. Never in their time with Li Wei had the male ever eluded to having been in a relationship. It baffled the two, as Tobio subtly texted the Karasuno group chat about their findings. It only took a second for the group chat to blow up, with Ryuu crying about how unfair the world must be. Daichi must've messaged the other teams again, as he received a few messages from a certain cat video gamer and from a few powerful players.

As Li Wei was telling Emi all about his life in another world, her mother suddenly interrupted the conversation. "Li-san, do you know those two boys hiding behind the bushes? They've been there since you've been here." She asks kindly and Li Wei whips his head towards the bushes, wondering why Shouyou and Tobio followed him. Sighing, he turns back towards the golden-haired woman. "I do know them. Those are my volleyball teammates. I apologize if they've made you uncomfortable." Li Wei sincerely apologizes, feeling bad that he could've possibly made his valentine's mother upset. "Oh, it's fine dear! We should be leaving soon. I know you must return to your world." She dramatically cries out, making both Li Wei and Emi giggle. If anyone asked, he would've denied having giggled.

As Li Wei gets up from his seat, he kneels down on one knee in front of Emi, a gentle smile on his face. "My princess, i'll see you someday again. It is time for me to go back to my world. You were a perfect valentine." As he finishes his little speech, a tiny bundle has thrown itself into his arms that he hugs gently. It felt amazing to help someone out without any real expectations. They just wanted him for himself, with a bit of acting. A small part of him was jealous of the love between the two in front of him, as his parents would rather he drop dead or become their little puppet for the rest of his life.

Eventually, he watches as the two leave him, with Emi waving at him. Satisfied with how the date went, he makes his way towards two troublemakers who for some reason decided to follow him. "Tobio, Sho, why did you two follow me?" Li Wei asks, slightly annoyed by the invasion of privacy but a bit glad someone wanted to look out for him.

"WEI! ARE YOU DATING THAT LADY?!?!?" Shouyou yells out, determined to get an answer. Li Wei blanks at the question, before placing his hand on his forehead. "Sho, i'm gay. You both know this. The team knows this. I know this. I wasn't on a date with the 'lady', but her daughter. She was lost a few days and when I reunited her with her mother, she wanted to be my valentine." A small smile is present on the emerald-eyed man's face.

Shouyou sheepishly laughs, remembering that Li Wei is in fact gay. Tobio, on the other hand, discreetly texts the team back letting them know exactly who Li Wei's valentine was, before sighing in relief. The battle for Li Wei's heart is just beginning and everyone has an equal chance. "Wei! If you had to choose who your valentine would be, who would you choose?!?" Shouyou asks, his eyes sparkling. It's a necessary question.

Li Wei looks at both males straight in the eye, before slightly smirking, a look hardly ever seen on the ice skater as his confidence tends to be shot most of the time socially. "That's a secret.~" With a wink, Li Wei laughs as he walks away, holding the answer dear to his heart. One day, he would confess to them, but today is not that day.

AN: This chapter was made because i'm really thankful for the support this fic has received thus far! I hope you like it! Enjoy!