Propositions and Patrols

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰ "KILL me someone

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰ "KILL me someone. Please!"

"Is it not too early in the week for death wishes?", Evan asked, amused by his best friend's antics.

"Yeah, Lyds I think we have a new record. Usually your deep desire for death only begins to show after the second week of school. What even happened?", smirked Regulus, swiftly catching the cupcake Lydia threw his way and biting into it, the lovely chocolate melting in his mouth. The first school day had only just ended and the three best friends were feasting on a batch of cupcakes in the Howgarts kitchens.

"Your brother," Lydia deadpanned.

Regulus tensed. "What did he do?", his voice a lot colder than it had been just seconds ago.

"Well he didn't really do anything. Not yet anyway."

"What do you even mean?", Evan questioned, his forehead creased, confused by his friend's words.

"I have to tutor the big-headed idiot," she began, "Honestly, why me? I should have known when Lily Evans came talking to me that it wasn't because she suddenly wanted to talk to me after six fucking years but it was because she felt bad for me having to do something she refused to. And honestly, I feel bad for myself too. I mean I haven't even taken the subject to begin with. I thought it would be some harmless student, some easy extra credit but no. The person I'm supposed to tutor has to be Sirius fucking Black."

The two Slytherins watched in amusement as their best friend ranted about her misfortune. One thing was certain, this year was certainly going to be an interesting one.