Part of Nature

The chill is alway what you watch for. It isn't a big deal for the day to be cold, but it is a spine tickling event when a gust of wind instant chills your hands that ache in protest to your decision of forgoing gloves, freezing your bones and joints stiff. Such a chill, one that makes your boiling blood in your veins so obvious, even if painfully so as you feel like the ice infiltrates your skin like daggers as your nose's tip starts flooding like Niagara Falls. Biting like tons of ants in your veins...but even then, some smile anyway.
    Pain in of itself isn't much of a wonder, unless you think past your hushed „Ow!" or full blown curse to your offender. In fact, usually the cause of said pain is the genuine magnanimous creature is the most interesting. Cold, for instance, causes a whole works of pain such as frostbite, dry throat to the flu, and scratches on your palms from making snowballs: but for some, as the windows cool to the point of reverberating that harsh, crisp air through its surface, that bleakness becomes one of the many wonders of the world.

Your breath fogging the glass as you lay near the surface, questioning why you sit there instead of near a fire disappears into the recesses of your mind as you gaze upon the wonder that floods the outside: snow. As it, and every little thing around it becomes a type of beauty and horror you didn't think possible.
    Who is to question the marvel, as it glitters under the moon and shades the world dusk, fooling those unaware of the time to wonder if they had stayed up all night to watch the Earth cry glass. When in all that reality somewhere, you realize the moon seems to enjoy this crystal mass...giving it light in that darkness it is surrounded by with all of that anger directed towards it. Maybe they are friends, trying to help the other been seen more as people try to see at night in their cars and others try not to slip on the ice.

    Stepping outside onto that whitened– not much of a winter wonderland entrance- iced over path has you dazed to take in your surroundings under your turtle shell of layers. The day you usually know, waking up and doing your tasks like normal is suddenly different as small flakes and microscopic daggers of frozen water shower upon you. The whole of time slows as the marvel, that we call snow, layers the ground in thin sweeps or heavy inches. Those layers are usually said to be a cover, like that of a blanket, but blankets are usually warm, so it is more like icing on a cake as it clings to the branches of naked trees, as if to finally see the flora flourish again. Until it's rival, rising temperatures, make it have to release and be a whole new substance. Now that once toxic, plant and ice, relationship becomes healthier for the both of them as it's cold heart melts into a more fluid one. So you smile, seeing that beauty and forgiving the world for the iced roads...until you see your car buried, and start to compare it to that of grave-robbing. But when your friend drives, you can forget as your hand rests on their thigh with their own digits coming to tangle back, and you smile. „Maybe it isn't so bad."

After all...it is only its nature, no?

-Peaches~<3