Chapter 20 - The Aftermath

"I don't even know where to direct this pent up rage!" Rhea was still throwing a fit about Christian Lu. Tegan took off her shoes and lead her friend up the stairway. "I hate him! Hate him! Loathe him! The stupid jerk!"

Tegan thought about calming Rhea down, but the truth was that she was also having a hard time containing her feelings. Christian Lu was Red Jensen's Manager. Warren Biel was Red Jensen's Producer. The three of them were really close friends. Rhea must have met Christian at the station, but what did he do to make her hate him so much? Could it be similar to what he had done to Tegan? Her head was so clouded right now she couldn't tell left from right.

Rhea spun Tegan around and demanded an explanation. "How did you meet him? What did he do to you? You tell me everything!"

"I didn't plan on meeting him," Tegan groaned hanging her head. "It was a coincidence, I swear. Remember when I was supervising the yogurt stand downtown? That was the first time I met him."

Rhea's puzzled expression was contagious.

"I don't even know how we came to be at the same place at the same time, that many times," Tegan continued. "I saw him again at the Bistro Bar where Tommy took me for our date."

"Wait, what?" Rhea placed her hands on her hips. "He interrupted your date with FedEx Guy? That's just like him!"

Tegan shrugged. "I don't think he did it on purpose though. Tommy didn't turn out to be what I expected either. He was just using me to make some other girl jealous. I walked out and before I could catch a cab home, Christian found me."

"Stop everything!" Rhea shouted taking a deep breath. She grabbed Tegan and took her to the couch. The two girls sat down and stared at one another. "Start again, from the very beginning," Rhea instructed. "Don't leave anything out."

It took a good thirty minutes to properly explain the situation. If Rhea kept interrupting Tegan with her commentary, it could have taken longer. A lot of information was leaked from both parties. Tegan learned what dinner Christian Lu was talking about skipping at the Bistro Bar. She found out just how influential his words were when it came to Red Jensen. The international pop star had huge respect for his manager and love for his friend. Warren Biel was another problem. Besides being the suit-wearer and Red Jensen's new best friend, he was also the mastermind behind Red's songs.

"Wow, are you serious?" Tegan couldn't believe it. "He's talented then."

"That's not even the worst part!" Rhea grabbed the floral cushion and hid her face. "I found out that Red has been in love with a girl for as long as I have been in love with him. Maybe even longer! She means—and I quote—'everything to Red'!"

Tegan gasped. "You're joking, right?"

Rhea shook her head, "I wish I was joking! Oh god, it was so bad, Tegan!" Her friend began wailing in agony. "I walked out of the restaurant like a crazy person and started balling my eyes out. I was so out of it! You wouldn't believe it."

"Aw, honey," Tegan patted Rhea's knee.

"I think if I had some time to myself, I would have been able to rationalize things but Warren didn't give me any time to do it. He caught me off guard, saw me crying like an idiot and then hugged me. Then he started patting me on the back and stuff."

Tegan squealed. "Aw, I knew I liked Warren from the get go! Forget Red! Go after the hottie in a suit!"

Rhea threw the pillow at Tegan's face. "No! Not like that—I mean—it's not like I don't find him attractive or anything, but he's agreed to help me get Red."

"I'm sorry?" Tegan scoffed outraged. "He what?"

"He says he'll help me get Red. He's going to work as my go-between."