14-first task

A/N-

I really need to stop making promises about when I'm gonna post new chapters LMAO I feel so bad for being a whole week late but my dad took my laptop and I absolutely hate writing on my phone so...

but anyway, 

WE HIT 4K READS!! Thank you so much for all the love it was crazy waking up to so many new readers and comments :) u guys are so sweet!

happy reading <3

-

AMELIA

November 24th, 1994

Even though I'm not the one competing, I've been a nervous wreck since I woke up.

Cedrics friend, Malcolm, came up to me at breakfast. He told me that the champions will be busy all day but I will be able to see Cedric briefly right before the task. Apparently, I've been put on the list of people allowed in the champions' tent.

Izzy, Pansy, and I skip lunch to get ready. Since it's cold, I wear thick cargo pants and Cedric's Hufflepuff sweatshirt with a turtleneck underneath. I use some of Pansy's lipstick to put lines of red on my face as my support for harry. Usually, my friends would have a fit about me representing other houses, but since no one from Slytherin is in the tournament they can't say shit about it. I quickly put on some mascara before we head down to the Arena they built in the forbidden forest.

-

Once we get to the location of the first task, I break off from my friends. They went to save us seats while I head to the champions' tent.

Inside, I scan the tent for Cedric. He is pacing back and forth while his father seemingly scolds him. I walk up to them, nervous to meet his father for the first time.

Cedric sees me approaching and immediately exhales, his shoulders relaxing. "Mel!" He pulls me into a tight hug and whispers, "you rescued me."

I realize what he means when he turns back to his father who looks very unhappy. "Hi Mr.Diggory, I'm Amelia, it's very nice to meet you," I smile, offering my hand to shake.

He shakes it weakly and says a quick, "nice to meet you," before turning back to Cedric. "We have to keep preparing if you are to win this task."

Cedric sighs, "at least let me talk to Mel first." Mr.Diggory hesitantly agrees and walks away to go speak to Rita Skeeter. "Merlin, he won't let me breathe," Cedric complains once his father is out of earshot.

"He seems very intense," I say, taking Cedric's hand and squeezing it in an attempt to calm him down.

He turns to face me, smiling. "Thank you," he says before planting a kiss on my forehead. 

We are interrupted by a commotion on the other side of the tent. I didn't see what had happened but it seemed to be something between Harry, Hermione, and Rita Skeeter. 

"I better go," I say, reaching up on my tiptoes to kiss him. He pulls me into a tight hug and we get in a few more kisses until Mr.Diggory starts walking back over to us. I slip away, not wanting to interact with his intimidating father again today.

Before I leave, I stop to talk to Harry. I wish him good luck and he thanks me, smiling when he sees the Gryffindor red on my face.

-

I find my dad at the guest section of the stadium. They assigned one half for students and one half for parents and other approved guests. We hug and talk about things, little things that weren't important enough to write in letters.