Chapter 17

My heart thwacked against my chest wildly as I paced in my small room. Today was the day I get all my memories back. I felt like a little kid again, but to me, that was only eleven. I looked out my small window to check what time it was. High noon. A smiled slid onto my face. It was now or never; I chose now.

I basically ran through the door in my urgency. I raced down the long plain passageways. I stopped before I got to the large door to the room with the Maharajah, and Azaria. Calm Xavier, calm. I slowed my uneven breathing, breathed deeply, and walked through the door.

When I saw Azaria crouching on the floor, her wrists bloody, her head tilted backwards at the ceiling, my heart was crushed. I'd never seen anybody look like this before. A plate of food laid next to her, untouched. She'd trusted me.

I knew that Ganon delighted in killing by injecting food with serpent venom, the same thing her family died from.

Ganon stood near the source of the red glow. I walked towards him warily. I didn't trust him as I had before my journey to find Azaria. I wasn't sure if he sensed this. As I approached him he reached out his hand. I shook it firmly, then let my arm drop to my side.

"It has been wonderful to be your acquaintance my young friend. I am sad to be saying goodbye to you, but a promise is a promise," he said wickedly. I nodded my head. "Just reach right in Xavier." He motioned to the Maharajah and I reached out to it. Exactly like my dream, my hand sunk right in, but this time it didn't go black, it went white.