Chapter One:HISTORY OF MYSTIC FALLS

Long ago, a land of peace and prosperity was taken over by a dark force. To escape the overtaking of their land Witches, Warlocks, Soarers, and Fenexes found refuge in the human realm. However, due to the dark forces unknowingly corrupting the Witches and Warlocks' minds and magic, they became power-hungry and set up the hierarchy to keep the soarers and fenexes from overturning them. The order of Knights and Jesters was created soon after consisting of humans with no memory of their past lives. This was to assure the Soarers and Fenexes would remain in check and keep other humans from entering the barrier. Humans who do enter the barrier by mistake are put to work to fit certain job roles. (my love helped me with this)

The town consists of a hierarchy warlock, witches, knights, jesters, fenexes, soarers, and then humans. Mystic falls have a medieval hierarchy, so the warlocks are the kings, witches are queens, knights are the protectors of the king and queens. Then jesters work for the royal families to kill anyone below them including the soarers and the fenexes. Soarers are considered the peasants of the land, and the fenexes are consider the fools of the land. Last when it comes to the hierarchy is humans which used to be considered prey.

To give you a little bit of information on the varied species we can start with the fenexes, they are fox/wolf hybrid shapeshifters. Females can only be fenexes, they say men can control it, but they are right, because every time a male has tried to become a fenexe they have died. A fenexe's diet consist of usually rabbit and lamb they can also though eat regular food just must watch their sugar intake. Since male cannot be fenexes most of them go into lesbian relationships because they do not want to cause many deaths from trying to reproduce with a male. They have found ways to reproduce amongst their female partners that only bring forth other females, but we will get into that later. You will learn more about them has the story goes on.

Next of the list is the soarer's which a male human/bird shapeshifter, they can range from all diverse kinds of birds. Including some examples hawks, falcons, and even chickens. It mostly depends on what bird there going to be by their personality. They are all very family oriented are there for all of each other including the fenexes and humans. Soarer's can mate with females and have kids but only the boys would have a chance of becoming a shapeshifter. Most of the soarer's are known to be very humble and kind. There is a subgroup in the soarer's that are called "The Angel Wings." Which their sole purpose is to protect those in the lower classes from the higher classes and jesters.

Jesters are a nasty group of humans that sadly had all there past live memories from their heads. The jesters are humans that go out and execute mostly the lower class. Though it has been known that sometimes even the jesters go rouge and kill the higher class. Jesters are usually males dressed in black cloaks, steampunk style goggles, and usually carries magic weapons filled with poisons. The jesters are the ones that are known for doing the royalties dirty work, they have a deep hatred for the lower class especially the fenexes.

The knights we do not know much about them at this point because they usually live with the royal families but when we do, they are usually wearing grey joggers sets with red baseball caps to fit in with the modern times. Before that though back in ancient times they would be seen in grey armor from head to toe and red metal hats to cover their face.

Last but sadly not least is the witches and the warlocks which are at the top of the hierarchy. The well-known royal family would be the Wetchfords, the whole family is unbelievably beautiful but can have very disgusting personalities, but they were not always this way. The Wetchfords all have scarlet red hair, emerald green eyes, porcelain skin, and they all reach the height of six foot. All of them used to be so kind then the darkness came in. The head witch now is Amelia Wetchford, you will come to learn about her later so keep her in mind. Most middle-class witches actually usually live with us in the town instead of the outskirts where the royal family lives. You will learn more as the story progresses, good luck!