Broken Shards

@lithium-15  Lith and @yyunikoo Yuniko, you guys asked for this so don't blame me-

Broken Shards- Aethernithas

The tale of a man who never had a hope of salvation

Madness- he knew what he was doing was nothing but sheer madness. But he couldn't help it. He admired that man. A man that saw him as nothing but an incapable trash. He should have been disillusioned. What he had hoped was nonexistent. An irrational thrill and obsession bloomed in him -the desire to be acknowledged no matter what the cost. That man would only loathe what he had done, what he would do for it, he knew that. But, the thought of that man sparing a glance towards him, that was his motivation. The sacrifices to attain that was the least of his concern...he would destroy his entire lineage for it.

*****

Beautiful deep red stained the floors of the palace- not a new scenery to his eyes. Turning the brothers against each other was a piece of cake. He relished in the fact that one is dead, allowing him to resurrect and control him easily with his expertise in black magic. Not to mention, he had a backup tool in that child born with black magic.

The other one, he was quite strong magically and he hated it-he needed to destroy him. Still, that would not be a problem for him. After all, he was good at exploiting others weaknesses. And, just as he had predicted he succeeded...

He watched in sheer joy as the limp broke with that mere dancer's death. Pleasure filled him, seeing the fool corrupting himself with black magic.

'Magic doesn't matter after all; he was just weak'.

Everything was going perfectly...

Except...

'Athanasia huh?'

*****

"Mister, who are you?"

"..."

"You aren't supposed to be here"

He was truly clueless as to what he should do next. The abandoned brat was 5 years old and he had just come to check up on that girl to see how much of a threat she would be.

'Her magic is strong. Stronger than her father's. It would be nice to completely break her. Or would it be better to manipulate her? She could be useful'

"Kid. What are you doing out here?"

"Picking flowers for Lily!!"

"What's your name?"

"It's Athy mister. Who are you?"

'Athy, is that a pet name? What a waste of name. Did they not notice this brat disappear? A naïve child it seems. Well, looks like she could be of some use'

"Athy huh? See you around kid"

'But who was that mister?'

*****

He met her again two years later. Strangely enough, the girl was empty. Her mana had disappeared, like it was stolen, it perplexed him. Then he understood. It was probably him. A maddening joy filled his being as he understood that, that man was finally awake after so long.

But-

Even if it was unintentional and indirect this brat caught his attention, something he couldn't attain even after so long-

'-Kill'

"Oh mister!! You're back!!"

"Are you always this excited to see everyone?"