(11)

"Where's the rest of your team?" Tsukishima could hear Hinita ask.

Tsukishima looked up from tying his shoes and saw Kuroo and Yamamoto both looking down at Hinita.

"The hell do I know. Somewhere behind us." Kuroo stated.

"If they don't get here soon Fukurodani's gonna get here first." Daichi snickered at Kuroo.

"Yeah right. Bokuto's probably still in bed." Kuroo said raising just one eyebrow to Daichi. "We don't need a team. Kenma and I could destroy you on our own." Kuroo finished although he was clearly being sarcastic.

"Hey! I'm standing right here." Yamamoto called from behind Kuroo.

"Yeah, you could help too I guess." Kuroo looked back at Yamamoto for a quick second.

As if just slightly off que Kenma walked through the door. He didn't say a thing even though he definitely saw that everyone in the gym was looking at him.

"Where's everyone else?" Kuroo asked.

"Lev and Yako are fighting on the sidewalk. It was pretty funny but I figured I better come tell you." Kenma said. He didn't seem the least bit concerned.

Kuroo blew out air through his teeth.

"Have trouble controlling your first years Tetsurou? Hmmm?" Daichi tilted his head and looked up at Kuroo with a smirk, repeating the exact words that Kuroo had said to him the day before.

"Yaku's a third year." Kuroo said through his teeth. He pushed the door open quickly and leaped out of the gym.

Tsukishima stood up and watched the door fall closed slowly. Kuroo was like a different person with other people. Still with a confident and sly personality but yet still so different. Tsukishima didn't enjoy this Kuroo as much, he liked the Kuroo that was effortlessly soft and kind and was somehow able to read Tsukishima easily.

~~~

"Hey." Tsukishima said it quietly even though he knew no one was listening, or even bothering to notice him. Some people had left to go eat lunch somewhere, others were scattered around the gym or outside to sit down and eat. Since it was an unofficial camp there was nowhere for the other teams to stay other than a hotel and the only room they had keys for was the gym and club room.

Kuroo pointed his water bottle at Tsukishima's face and squeezed it until mist shot out. Tsukishima squinted and wiped his face with his hand.

"What?" Kuroo asked, he smirked devilishly at Kei as he raised the bottle up to his lips.

"Do you wanna go on a walk later?" Tsukishima asked, he tried to seem confident.

"Do I wanna go on a walk later?" Kuroo's voice came out slightly muffled as he talked with the top of his water bottle in his mouth. He sounded slightly confused about the question which was understandable only because it wasn't a normal thing for Tsukishima to ask him.

"Yeah. I just figured since my mom's home and you're sharing a room with other people, that later we could just go on a walk." Tsukishima shrugged and looked down slightly to not meet Kuroo's eyes.

"Yeah sure." Kuroo said, he squirted more water into his mouth.

Tsukishima didn't meet Kuroo's eyes, he tried not to smile. It wasn't hard for his urge to smile to disappear when he felt an arm drape over his shoulders and a familiar voice begin speaking.

"Tsukiii, did you come to eat with your favorite two captains." Bokuto asked. Bokuto leaned back slightly and looked back aswell. Tsukishima followed his gaze to see Bokuto looking back at Daichi and Sugawara and holding an L up to his forehead.