[¹²]

*ੈ‧₊˚TRUTH OR DARE*ੈ‧₊˚
smut warning

YOU were frozen in place at this ghostly sight. This couldn't possibly be your father. The father who you were told died by your mother. It was either the fact that she lied or- no. There was no other humanly possible way he could be standing here in front of you without her lying. Or so you thought, "M-mom, who is this? He's not really,-" you clanged onto your mother's arm, waiting for some sort of answer but she was as frozen as you were.

The man stood there, rubbing his hands together, most likely a nervous habit, "Y/N. I'm your dad. I'm so sorry. I should've been here with you and your mom."

You didn't know what to say. What was there to even be said? Eren walked over to the front door after the small commotion that could be heard from the kitchen and the fact that neither of you returned back, "Hey, what's wrong?"

Your mind was blank and you didn't know what to do. You just stood there, rubbing your arm while your heart continued to race from the anxiety induced interaction. Eren came behind you and grabbed ahold of your waist, staring at your father standing on the stairs. Your mom finally was able to mutter some words, "You can't be here. Go away. Now."

He sighed and opened his mouth to speak but your mom was quick to shut that down by slamming the door in his face. She went into the living room, dropping down onto the sofa to somewhat process what it was that just happened. You followed her, sitting beside her as she covered her face with her hands and leaned forward. You rubbed her back as a way to comfort her. Of course you were hurt and you knew from this reaction she wasn't to blame.

Eren slowly walked into the living room and stood behind you on the sofa, "I'm sorry for asking but what the hell just happened?" It didn't register to him that he was still in the presence of your mother

Your eyebrows furrowed and you spoke in such a tone that you didn't believe to be true yourself, "It was...my dad?"

You didn't tell Eren anything about your Dad except that he was dead. You focused back on your mom, trying to pry for more information, "How was that him? Are you sure it's not a mistake?"

She stood up, pacing around while nibbling on her fingernails, "I don't know, Y/N. I just- I don't know."

Eren cleared his throat and went into your bedroom to grab his shoes, "Um- I'm going to go. I don't want to intrude in your family business anymore than I already have." You got up from the sofa to walk him out. You opened the door and leaned against it as you looked at him, "I'm sorry you had to see and hear all this. I'll call you."

He nodded, giving you a gentle smile, "There's no need to apologize," he leaned forward and planted a kiss on your cheek, "I hope you figure this all out."

"Yeah, me too. Thanks."

He walked off, turning around to wave before he got into his car. You watched him drive off then went inside the house to confront the issue at hand again. You walked over to your mom and grabbed her arm gently to stop her from pacing. She immediately started crying, a continuous stream of tears flowing down her face. You hugged her and comforted her the same way a mother would for her child, "We'll be okay."

The sight of her teary eyes made you angry. It was aggravating to have something so sudden happen and ruin things. You guided her up the stairs and into her bedroom. She laid down on the king sized bed that was centered against the wall in the bedroom. You grabbed her throw blanket and tossed it over her curled up body. You laid beside her, thinking of your not-so-dead father and ended up falling asleep along with her.