chapter 1

Here it is. Finally the day I move to California is here and I honestly can't wait to get there and finally be able to relax a little.

"Kathryn hurry up we need to get to the airport." I hear my best friend Jasmine shout to me from the bottom of the stairs. "I'll be down in a second, I just need to talk to my mum." I say back to her as calmly as possible.

As I'm walking into my mum's room, she's sat on the bed looking in the mirror with a frown across her face. Her expression immediately changes when she notices me walking into the room. "Sorry, we really need to get going, the plains due at 3:30pm and its 1pm now" I say to her as softly as possible as I know how hard this is for her. "Oh dear, I'm going to miss you so much, I'm so proud of you, I'll just get my shoes on and we can go." My mum says whilst pulling me into a hug for the 59th time today.

As she goes to put her shoes on I quickly  exit the room as past as I can as I know if I stay in there longer I will tear up.

Mum meats me at the bottom of the stairs and we walk out to the car where jasmine is sat in the back. I feel myself begin to cry as I'm finally leaving my childhood from to go to America and live my dream. I honestly am still not believing that I'm finally get my dream to live in California with jasmine...
.....

The drive to the airport is quite short and full of jasmine and my mum talking about it all and crying. All my mum keeps saying is about how much she is proud of me, making her cry more and more each time.
......

Once we get to the airport it takes a while to say goodbye because I'm going to miss everyone so much but I'm still so happy. "Goodbye sweetheart, I hope you have a safe flight, make sure to call me as soon as you land, I love you!" Is all I can make out of what my mum shouted as we entered the airport from the car and my crying mother.

Its takes us around two hours to get through security because I forgot to take my belt of  and got bleeped. We finally get on at plane at 3:35pm and sit down for our flight. I'm so glad jasmines cousin Dan is letting us stay at his place with him and his friend Phil till we get our own place. I have talked to him a few times through face time when I was sorting out the move but that's about it.

"Please fasen your seat belts and enjoy your flight to California as we are about to take off." The piolet announced through the speakers and I buckle up. Hear we go.
.....
"I can't believe we are actually doing this, I can't wait to get there and see Dan!" Jasmine squealed with joy as the plane levels in the air. I can tell she is so excited, she hasn't seen him in nearly 2 years, they have always been so close.

"I know, we are living the dream, I can hardly contain my excitement!" I say back to her, equally excited but a little less loud. We both truly are that happy to be going. I never thought we would go through with all of this, its so mind blowing.

Through out our 9hour flight, we have little conversion now and then about what we are gonna do when we are there. She talks a lot about the days she will spend with Dan and how much I will like Phil. I honestly don't mind it though cause I know how she feels. We both sleep for about 3-4 hours because we have been up since 6am.
....
"Prapare for landing" once again the poilet speaks through the speakers and telling us to buckle our seat belts. 5 minutes later I feel the plane land and it finally kicks in. We are actually here in California together. This is too good to be true...