Chapter Nine

The next morning I woke with a strong headache and to an empty bed. It took me a few seconds to realize where I was. His shirt and pants with the warmth of his bed made me feel so much better. I heard rumbling around in the kitchen. Breakfast as well? Amazing. I get out of the bed and wander out his door. Rubbing my eyes, all of a sudden I hit the wall. The wind was knocked out of me. I can't breathe.

"Spence!" I try to call out. All that came out of me was a gasp. My eyes are covered and I'm getting picked up. I try to fight and then something hits my head hard and fast.

I'm being thrown around. I can't think straight. Where is Spencer? Something is slipped over my eyes so the fingers can leave and cover my mouth. I am trying to breathe. I can't breathe. My ribs hurt. Everything hurts. I try to pull away and the grip on me is tightened and I yelp. I feel the cold air on my skin, I hear the car door open. I am laid against another body. I am terrified. Is it another girl? I try to feel around but the slam of the door sends shock through me. I lay down. I try to peek out the blindfold. But he yells. Its a he.

He screams don't touch it. My arm hurts as I try to move it. Why me?

I try to touch the body I am on. I feel a hand creep down my back. Oh my god please don't touch me. The hand is warm though. It is gentle. No. Spencer.

The car starts and it starts to move. I don't know where. I don't know for how long. I don't know if it really is Spencer. I don't know why. Or how. I don't even know what time it is. I hope it isn't Spencer next to me. I hope he's at work. I try to wrack through my brain to remember if he said he had work. I can't remember much. I hope he notices I'm gone and he finds me. Please.

I close my eyes and cry silently. It is hard to keep myself breathing. I don't know how long. I don't know. I don't know, I don't know.

The car stops. The guy gets out and slams the door as hard as I can. Minutes pass. He doesn't come and get us. I peel the blind fold off as slow as possible and turn to see the most familiar brown hair I was dreading to see. I push myself closer to him. "Spencer?" I rasp out.

"Shhh. I'm trying to figure out where we are. If your blindfold is off put it back on Y/N." Spencer said it so calmly. He was calm. How is he calm??

I do as I'm told to do. "How are you figuring out where we are if your blindfold is on?" My throat hurts. Everything hurts.

"We're at a Speedway gas station. If I'm right it will be about 30 minutes south, 20 minutes west and 10 minutes north again. If I'm right which I believe I am after using calculations from where my house is and how fast he was going and the way that he turns and how he is just holding us in his backseat means he has done a lot of research on us. How stupid am I? I knew he was by my house. I knew it. That's why we were all going to stay there. He was watching us outside. He was watching us." He spit out.

"Spencer how are we going to get out?"

"The average person spends about 2 minutes and 30 seconds at the gas station so we do not have long. We need to do exactly what he says until we can figure out where he is. We have been trying to profile him and he does best when you are kind to him and listen. He has a neurological problem Y/N so please don't do anything stupid. I don't want you to get hu-" He was cut off by the door opening and slamming again.

"We are almost there. I hope you two aren't talking. You'll have time to do a lot of talking when we get there." He grumbled.

Another 10 minutes go by and I hope Spencer is keeping track of where we are going and where we are because I am too freaked out to even try. I'm already lost.

I feel Spencer hit the lower part of my back with his knee. I yelped a little trying to keep quiet. Something metal and smooth hit the tip of my neck. What did he have? I hope he can get us out of here soon.