First Impressions Are Simply Mediocre

Lukas Bondevik didn't like the idea of roommates, but he did like the idea of paying less. He didn't think it could be that bad...well, hoped. He hated human beings, but as long as he had his headphones, books, butter and journal to write stories with, he could tolerate it just a bit.

Or so he thought. Maybe with his unrealistic expectations, he was blinded a bit by who could possibly be his roommate, because he really didn't expect this animal as his roommate. As soon as he walked in, Lukas already glared at him in distaste, looking him over observingly.

"Hi, I'm Mathias Køhler!" He all but yelled just after he barged in with no shame whatsoever. Already, Lukas criticized him mercilessly for that.

He held out his hand for a handshake. Seeing this action, Lukas recoiled and crossed his arms, letting Mathias here know he wouldn't dare touch such a dumbass.

"Lukas Bondevik," he said, giving him a straightforward look of ice in the eye, but he didn't seem affected. Naturally, this pissed Lukas off even more.

Many suggestions ran in his mind as Lukas studied his new roommate. He had an athletic body, probably from football, which instantly labeled him as a Brad in Lukas' mind. He probably had a fragile masculinity and a huge ego, bigger than the mound of trash in the pacific.

He looked like the type to be a popular jock with commitment issues. He would no doubt complain about schoolwork and get someone to copy it off on, and it wouldn't be Lukas. Probably going to parties and smelling like cheap beer and sex afterwards (ew).

And he looked vain, very vain. The amount of gel on his hair was immaculate, ridiculous really. No doubt he thought he looked super cool and hot with the hairstyle, because a man with such a giant ego would be easily blinded by his faults and ugliness. It would be fun to poke at it till it deflated. He was good at doing that with his insensitive criticism.

Lukas tried to go back to reading his favorite classic-Pride and Prejudice, to calm down and not go on a rampage while Mathias made a bunch of noise and racket unpacking.

Afterward, he called one of his friends over-another egotistically annoying prick. Also noisy-could he not lower his voice?! It seemed like it was impossible for either of them? And who carried 5 hamburgers in their aviator coat, eating with such a stuffed face, spitting bits of burger as he talked. Lukas flinched in disgust.

"Dude, let's go to Julchen's place! I have to visit my sister anyway, which happens to be her roommate! Awesome, right? And, get this, Julchen has a bunch of beer she stole from her sister Monika. Sick!" He said all in one breath.

'So I was right', Lukas thought in victory. 'He's a beer fanatic. It just so happens I loathe beer.'

"Wow, cool bro! Let's go! Luke, I'm leaving, but I'll be back! Don't get too lonely without me!" Mathias called.

"It's Lukas to you, and I'll be rejoicing your departure actually," he told him.

He clutched his chest and gave an exaggerated pout. "Ouch, harsh!"

As he left, Lukas flipped him off. 'This would be an agonizingly long year', he groaned mentally.
.......................////...............................
Mathias Køhler wasn't sure what to expect when his roommate already had the hate to give him such an icy stare as Mathias introduced himself in such a friendly way. For such a short guy, he was kinda scary and intimidating. But Mathias had practice with Ber his whole life, so scary looking folk weren't so scary to him.

He was adorable and beautiful, even with such a shitty glare. It would be fun to annoy him, if he didn't end up in the hospital. Luke, or Lukas, or whatever his name was looked like he didn't care if murder was illegal.

Luke was too serious and had the maturity of a boring old person. Too many books for Mathias. Too much silence. Too much seriousness.

But that was resolved for now. He was with his man Alfred and Julchen. They were in Julchen's room, where some other girl-Maddison? Melinda? Sat in the corner. She was also too silent. Why was there so much silence around Mathias today?

He sipped his beer while the music played. It was Single Ladies by Beyoncé, because Alfred was obsessed with that song.

"Dude, not us relating to this song!" Alfred pointed out.

"So unawesome!" Julchen complained, rolling her eyes.

"Well maybe I'll get someone this year. I mean who couldn't resist my charming looks?" Mathias bragged, running a hand through his hair.

"Ayoooo chill, you're making me blush!" Alfred teased, tucking an imaginary strand of hair behind his ear.

They all laughed at their antics. "Well cheers to being single ladies another year, which is totally unawesome!" Julchen raises her beer.

"And to actually get someone now that we're in college. A hero needs a sidekick!" Alfred added.

"And to get our roommates to like us!" Mathias said, ending the speech and bumping my beer with the others.

And that was how Mathias entered the dorm, stumbling with a stench of cheep beer (as Lukas predicted) and once more giving him a terrible first impression and more ways to be criticized. It seemed the toast wasn't looking very good.
..........................////............................

Hey everyone. I've decided to write something else because it'd be like a new beginning. Also, I was Fangirling too much on the Nordics not to write something. I would love to include much more ships like maybe make Alfred (America) and Arthur (England) roommates, and make Julchen (Prussia) and Maddie (Canada) a girl in red romance if you know what I mean, because I need more gay in my life. Everything will be gay, so if you're homophobic, don't bother wasting your time on this rainbow FanFiction. Also, if anyone has a better, more comical title, comment it. In the meantime, this is what the title is.

I apologize for overwriting the summary and the author's note, but that's just what I do.

I will include Iceland and Hong Kong as high schoolers, and Finland and Sweden will appear sometime.

~Ray