A Spoonful of Sugar

Tsunade rubbed her temples in frustration, "So you're telling me a full grown jonin is refusing to take one simple pill. Do I have that right?"

"Yes, hokage-sama." A very annoyed Hana Inuzuka hissed through clenched teeth. "Kiba even refuses to return to the compound until he recovers."

"Really?" Tsunade exclaimed both shocked and concerned. "Does he know the risks? I mean actually understand that it's far more likely that his infection will be fatal than not."

Hana sighed, "I told my dear dimwit of a brother this exact issue, but he thinks he's fine and refuses. Please, can you hire someone? Our clan doesn't want to be rough considering the procedure needed. Plus he will fight us, but I don't think he'll survive if nothing is done."

The hokage leaned back in her office chair and thought for a moment, "It's not a simple infection. He is in danger. There aren't a lot of people in the village to help pin him ..." A smile came to Tsunade's lips. "Clones will be perfect for this ..." she started shifting piles of papers aside until she spotted a file. "Yes! Naruto hasn't left yet. Hana, if you take this mission for Naruto then I think we have a solution."

"If it gets my brother to take his medicine then I'd gladly take it." Hana exclaimed.

The hokage made the necessary tweaks to the papers and had a message sent with a bird. Only a few moments passed before Naruto came rushing into the office. He looked a bit disheveled as if he quickly came back.

"What's ... this about ... an emergency, granny?" An out of breath Naruto gasped.

Tsunade looked serious, "I need you to make Kiba take his medicine-"

"Huh?!" Naruto blinked in shock before looking very annoyed. "You made me delay my mission to give Kiba some medicine ... you've finally gone senile."

A vein began pulsing on Tsunade's temple, "This is serious! Don't call me granny!" Naruto fell silent, but still didn't look convinced. "He's refusing to take it and the more his family has tried to make him the harder he fights, which will only make it easier for the infection. If he doesn't take it his body will start weakening and the infection will kill him. "

Naruto's eyes widened as he realized that this wasn't a joke, "If this is so bad why isn't he taking it himself?"

Hana scoffed, "Alpha stupidity." She sighed in annoyance. "Kiba really thinks it will pass, but it probably won't and ... and he doesn't want to bend over for anyone." Hana shrugged when the blonde tilted his head in confusion. "The pill needs to be inserted analy."

"Seriously?" Naruto asked while looking back at Tsunade. When the hokage nodded he frowned. "You know I have no problem with putting things in a guy's ass. Ask Shikamaru, but-"

"Hana has your mission covered." Tsunade said before tossing the blonde a small bottle of pills that were blue on one half and pink on the other half. "He only needs one, but the extra ones are in case he destroys any."

Naruto sighed and shoved the bottle into his pocket, "Could you tell Shikamaru and Shino why I'm about to assault Kiba? I don't want to be infested with bugs or lose a boyfriend mdue to a misunderstanding."

"Fine, brat. Don't call it assault, though. We're helping him." The hokage said matter of factly as she quickly wrote a note to Shino, who should be returning from a mission in a couple days.

Naruto deadpanned, "We're forcing someone to take something up their privates when they clearly don't want it ... sounds bad out of context." He said pointedly before rushing out of the room.

Tsunade winced, "Damn, he's right ... get moving." Tsunade ordered effectively snapping Hana back to her senses.

XXXXXXXXXX