Shirt

He insisted she head on back to the hotel when a late emergency surgery came up. There was no sense in her spending any additional minutes in that germ-infested hole just waiting around on him. She did as she was told and headed on 'home' to the hotel room to relax. It was only 9 pm, but she was ready for a couple hours of quiet before getting some sleep.

Meredith took in the warmth of the steamy shower, rinsing the day away. Stepping out of the shower, she walked through the room wrapped in the thick, white towel. She sat down on the edge of the bed, enjoying her alone time. She loved having someone so understanding and caring around to keep her spirits up, but a moment of being on her own wasn't something she was going to pass up.

She took the time to provide herself with a bit of self care, applying her lotion and brushing her hair out after a long day. She went to the dresser to collect her bra and panties, fumbling for something else to wear before the material hanging off the back of the desk chair caught her eye. She smirked, reaching for it and tossing it on after stepping into a pair of lace, black panties and a matching bralette. She took care of half of the buttons, turning to look at herself in the mirror. Seeing the shape of her legs made a rush of confidence take over her body. She lifted the collar up to her nose, taking in the scent that had been absorbed into the fabric. Nuzzling into the shirt, she cozied herself up and crawled onto the bed.

She laid on top of the sheets, pulling out her book and relaxing into the pillows. There was something so relaxing about this time of peace and quiet. She felt a bit mischievous curling up in the fabric that had just recently been donned by a man she had such a liking for. There was something so comforting about having on his previously-worn shirt. It smelled of him, making her smile to herself as she nestled into bed.

She spent the next several hours enjoying a book she'd been meaning to get around to as the TV flickered in the background. It was quiet and relaxing; just enough to put her right to sleep.

It was nearly two in the morning by the time he made it in. Cormac quietly snuck into the room, seeing the lamp still lit, but knowing she was surely asleep by then. His heart nearly stopped as he spotted her laying across the bed, sleeping peacefully with her book resting against her chest. He noticed the only clothing she had on, taking a deep breath as he saw the curve of her ass peeking out just beneath the edge of his blue button-down shirt he had on the night before.

He looked her over, focusing on her body as a soft smile appeared on his face. She did this to him on purpose, he was sure of it, but looking at her made his heart flutter. Her legs were slender and toned, all the way up to the edge of her cheeky panties that forced him to swallow back the feeling of being suddenly turned on.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her as he quietly dropped his bag and snuck into the bathroom to get ready for bed. He figured she must've been out cold when he returned to the bedroom and she was still sleeping. Cormac slipped over by the bed beside her, pulling the book gently from her lap and sliding her bookmark in place for her. He placed the book on the bedside next to her phone and water bottle.

He chuckled to himself as he recalled the early days of their quarantining together. They began with rooms next door to one another before changing to conjoined rooms, quickly realizing they began to spend all of their time together in one room.

After the first night that their lips met, the spiral into this whirlwind romance, or whatever they wanted to call it, quickly resulted in a shared hotel room with a king size bed.

The idea of one day sleeping alone again freaked him out just as much as it did her. They'd found who made them comfortable– their person who felt like home.

He didn't even know what they truly were. Were they a couple? Maybe. He didn't know. She probably didn't either. They filled the void each of them had left open. They cared for one another endlessly. As he looked down at her, he traced his fingers along her hairline, pushing her hair back and kissing her gently on the forehead. The view of her body turned him on more than he was able to handle at that hour. He shook it off and slid the covers out from under her, tucking her in gently as to not wake her.

He stepped around the bed to crawl into his side of it, turning off the lamp before sliding under the sheets. He snuggled up close to her, gently sliding her against his body to not startle her. He adjusted her into his arms as he felt her shift in her sleep.

"Hmm," she mumbled softly, just barely awake.

"Back to sleep," he whispered against her hair, feeling her move her hands over his arms that were wrapped around her.

She laced her fingers over the backs of his hands, lifting one in her sleep. He suddenly questioned if he'd been too forward, even though he knew she'd be okay with it, or if he'd made her uncomfortable. He smirked when he felt her slide his hand under his shirt she was wearing, slipping it under the material and resting it against her abdomen, just above the lace of her panties.

He nuzzled his face into her hair, taking her in as he inhaled the fresh scent of her dirty blonde locks. She rotated just slightly, looking back at him partially asleep with a soft smile on her face, "Goodnight," she said quietly.

He smiled, leaning over her just enough to reach her lips. He pressed his lips to hers, feeling her fingers tighten around his hand that rested on her abdomen. She embraced the kiss, letting him linger for more than a few moments before he pulled away slowly and sank back behind her, curling her in closer than before whispering, "Goodnight."