prologue

"I've watched you fall in love with her! I've helped you get her back! She isn't even worth this argument but look at us! Everything I've heard and read about Katherine and you still want her? What about our plans? Marriage? Maybe moving away from here, a family! Damon fuck!" I scream in tears, shooting back a shot of whiskey.

"I can't be dealing with this right now. It wasn't realistic, I thought it was fun to imagine." Damon turns a cold shoulder to me, and steps out of the cave. I run up there to catch him, I grab his collar and he spins around, his eyes almost black.

"I'm done Damon. I'm done with everything. This isn't the Damon I know. You obviously were just acting, bravo buddy. I'll get out of your hair so you don't even have to make a decision,hell, you've already made it. I'll go now. Here's that necklace too.."

"Adeline no! Please, it's you. It's always been you...." he says moving towards me.

"Get away from me Damon. How the fuck are you going to say that to me when you've been like this for months now! I don't even know who you are anymore. Get this through your head one last time. I don't love you." I grit through my teeth with tears in my eyes.

Turning away from him I drop the necklace and walk alone in the night in the rain until.....