chapter 2

A/N: AYO WE ARE NOT 13 IN THIS THATS FUCKED. WEIRDOS.

The classroom buzzed with anticipation. All everyone could talk about was the new student. Our high school may be large, but new people are always intriguing. I sat there, drawing on Brianna's arm as she conversed with some other people. That robot bunny looks cool. 

Mr. Peterson returned to the room, silencing us with one hand. Someone seems to be lurking outside the door. A rather tall person in fact. 

"As you all know, we have a new member of our class," Mr. Peterson's voice boomed, "I'll just let him introduce himself."

Everyone was staring at the door. He finally steps into the class-

Oh, fuck me. 

My eyes widened as I caught sight of the tall boy. I immediately shrink into my seat.

He stared back at the class, smiling charmingly, "Hey everyone. I'm Wilbur Robinson and I'm glad to be here." 

Wilbur marched to the first chair he found, which was coincidentally right behind mine. He brushed past my seat. I was desperately looking in front of me, avoiding eye contact, but I could've sworn he smiled at me. 

The class could not have felt longer. As Peterson droned on about math, I sat in my seat nervously. Always acutely aware of Wilbur's presence behind me. 

The second Peterson let us go, I rushed out of the classroom, dragging Bri alongside me.

She laughs, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

We spot Ally at her locker and sprint over. 

"What's wrong with her?" Ally addresses Bri, eyeing me.

"Don't know. Maybe she'll tell us now?" Bri cocks her head, encouraging me. 

I grab onto each of their shoulders, "The new kid is the guy I hooked up with on vacation!"

They gasp, 

"No. You're joking,"

"There is no way..."

"I'm so serious right now." 

Ally and Bri look at me and then each other.

"Maybe it's fate," Ally suggested.

Bri giggled, "that's actually crazy though. How does that happen."

"I'm telling you!! The odds are one in 7.5 TRILLION!" I joke, "shit. Class. I'll see you guys during our frees okay?"

"Later y/n!"

"Peace."

I moved down the hallway, weaving through the various groups waiting outside classrooms. I made a quick stop for some water. There was only one guy using it right now, so I could probably make it to class on time. 

I tapped my feet in impatient, trying to signal for the guy to hurry the hell up. He finally stops drinking and straightens up. I inhale slightly. It's him, again. This is closest we've been since...

"Sorry, I'll be out of your way." He muttered, sliding to the left.

I nodded wordlessly. I quench my thirst and when I looked back up, he was gone. I should definitely be in class right now. 

--

I have always loved the park. When I was young, it was a place of fun, imagination, somewhere to run around and play. Nowadays, its more of a peaceful getaway. A picnic spot for me and my friends where we get to feel the sun on our face and the scent of old maple trees. 

Not many people know this, but if you climbed up enough of the hill and veer off the left, you'll find the most beautiful patch of grass. It's perfect for grazing, a nice square of sunlight, uncovered by trees. Bri, Ally, and I spent so much time here. 

Here we were again. I scribbled down homework answers on wrinkled paper as Bri braided blazes of grass together. Ally dozed off in the pool of sunlight. 

"It's kinda crazy that we've been doing this for almost three years now." Bri sighed.

I glanced up from my homework, "Has it really been that long? Wow."

We grinned at each other.

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

We returned to our separate activities, contently listening to birds chirping and Ally's snoring. Bri's phone vibrates. She steals a glance. Her face lights up.

"Party at Zach this Friday for the long weekend. New kid is invited." She raised her eyebrows, "is that a yes?"

I rolled my eyes, but nodded nonetheless. Bri fist bumps me.

"Good. Good. This is going to be fun."