chapter 2 : 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬

She sighed as she swung on the swings

She sighed as she swung on the swings. She watched the moving clouds, trying to make things out of it.

"Didn't expect to see you here."

Her eyes widen at the familiar voice. She stopped the swings her her foot and turned her head to the right. The pretty blue eyed boy gently sat down on the swing next to her, a book in hand. Nervousness suddenly eased into her. She never expected to in counter him.

"Me either," she said. The wind seemed to pick up, her hair graciously flowing. "What's your name?"

"Akaashi. Akaashi Keiji."
"L/n Y/n."

Slowly, her swing starts to pick up speed. The boy flipped through his pages, swaying lightly on the swings.

Suddenly, she heard a thump on the ground and laughter. A book appeared below her, the bookmark flew out of it.

"Oops, didn't see you there," Three people seem to tower over Akaashi on the ground. Her hand's grip tighten on the chains as she bit her lip.

"Are you going to get up or what?" one said annoyed. They seem to whisper something before the tallest one in their group shifted to the front. He kicked the ground, dirt and pebbles flying on Akaashi. He flinched, slowly trying to get up but just gets pushed back down. He seems to shiver.

"Aw, you gonna cry?" the tall male said in a high-pitched voice.

Y/n's breath seemed to get caught. All she could do was gawk at the scene. Biting down her tongue, she shakily got up.

"H-hey! Stop that!" she said.

"Oh?" The female of the group raise her brow, "The little freak has a friend?"

"Pfft- not like she could do anything," the boy reached out to grab Akaashi, but before she knew it, she tackled him to the ground and punched him. His friends backing away a bit.

"Don't touch him!" she yelled as she landed one more punch.

"Ugh, let's get out of here," the girl said. Her buddy agreed and they ran away, leaving their friend.

She panted, getting up and helping her friend up. He smiled and took her hand, getting up. Her knuckles hurt badly, and she bruised a knee from knocking him down.

"You okay...?" she said, barely above a whisper.

He nodded, "Didn't know you had a violent side." He let out a chuckle.

"Huh- what- I, um..." she stumbled across her words, brain not fully functioning. Letting out a laugh, he grabbed her wrist.

"Come on, let's get cleaned up a bit, I don't think we want to go home like this." he said.

He dragged them down the streets. She took this time to examine him. His clothes dirty, and come cuts. Probably from some sharp rocks. She lets out a giggle as they ran.

7|