II

(photo by Netmarble)

So, I went to my granddad's house that night and asked him about that cyborg laying around in the junkyard. I told him that it felt weird to know that someone would throw out their work...but I asked him if it was my work.

He, then, told me about this woman named Kelly King. She was a former engineer at her local factory as she loved building robots and android AIs. But what had people talking was the fact that she had a beautiful smile that can mask her true self. People would instantly fall for her everytime she would smile or speak.

Unfortunately, a man named Jon Bellion fell for this woman...all he had to do was make her the most prettiest and the most happiest woman ever. She may not be a gold digger, but she was still a little spoiled....a little....too....spoiled.

Jon forgot their third anniversary because he had no choice but to work on his music that day.....but, he would still have a surprise when he got home. She stabbed him in the back with a kitchen knife as he leaned in for a hug. His corpse was later taken to her private lab and that was when she placed his memories in the android she had built for him. It was supposed to be his gift until he forgot about her. She, then, buried his corpse 10 ft. in the ground (she lived in a mansion with 150 acres of land).

But, her own forgetfulness was the cause of her death when she forgot to turn off her generator for the android. He was awoken by said generator and found her finishing her work. He snuck behind her and knocked her out cold. He, then, drove his car to a nearby bridge and dumped her body in the water never to be seen again. Everyone in town knew of her crimes of breaking people's hearts, so nobody reported her missing.

But, he didn't want to live his life as a cyborg. So he went to the junkyard and pulled the battery out of his body and dropped dead. He had been laying there for YEARS.

I sat there thinking what I should do with it. I asked him if I could maybe use it for a replacement for my late brother. He said, at first, that it wouldn't be a good idea. But, he stopped mid-sentence. He told me he has a way of talking the owner of his funeral home out of taking memories out of his brain (it used to be illegal but a law has passed stating it was okay as long as you don't use the memories illegally; you're allowed to look at the memories as videos).

I thought it was crazy at first, but seeing as his death was the reason why my mother committed suicide made me realize how much it would mean to her. Before she died, she talked to me about wanting to see him just one more time in any form of him. She didn't care if he was a zombie, an animal, an android AI.....

I told him that it was a great plan. But, we had to keep this a secret from the public. If I were exposed, I could get arrested for treason and would have to spend eternity with my deadbeat father. My grandfather is very wise and was my last resort, so I agreed.

It was a crazy idea, but we planned accordingly. It's time to get my brother back.