vii -Gunshots

I watched with horror and fascination as one of the dead picked up a large rock and started to bang it against the glass wall, creating one large crack through the center that would no doubt allow them in with a few more well aimed hits

"Oh God. What the hell were you doing out there anyway?" Andrea moaned, turning away from the cracking door to look at us.

"Trying to flag a helicopter." Rick said, at the same time as Ashton said 'Heading to the hospital.' Both answers received equally confused looks from the group, and I just tried to stay out of it, as now, seeing the city, I realized that our idea was idiotic and Rick's was just crazy.

"Helicopter? Man, that's crap. Ain't no damn helicopter." The bald man in gear growled out, waving his hand at Rick in a dismissive gesture that Rick looked mildly offended to have received, but before he could say anything, the other woman added on.

"You were chasing a hallucination, imagining things. It happens." Rick shook his head, and turned to look at me to see if I believed him or not, but all I could do was keep the disbelief off my face. There is no way he saw a helicopter. The Government has fallen, it's the end times, and the only way there is a helicopter flying around is if some rich yahoo decided to go for a joy-ride instead of staying cooped up in their bunker.

"I saw it." Rick tried to argue, but it seemed the others were done with this conversation as Morales turned away from us to look at the other man in gear.

"Hey, T-Dog, try that C.B. Can you contact the others?" Morales asked the bald man, T-Dog, who nodded and moved to the radio that was sitting on the counter and started speaking into it. It looked like a cop radio, one of those that they have in their cars to communicate, and I couldn't help but wonder how they got it.

"Others? The refugee center?" Rick asked, a tone of excitement underneath his normal rumbly voice.

"Yeah, the refugee center. They've got biscuits waiting at the over for us." The still unnamed other woman said sarcastically, and before I could ask if they had happened to see Carl, Lori or Shane, T-Dog cut in.

"Got no signal. Maybe the roof." Morales nodded at the suggestion, and started to lead the large group up some stairs that had to lead to the roof when we all heard a sound that made us freeze in fear.

Gunshots.