Why should we forgive?

People cannot avoid making sin. From the first time we were born we are already have a tendency to do bad things as well as good things. We are just humans and not Gods. We are definitely not perfect. Getting cheated by husband or wife, betrayed by a friend or discriminated by other people is very frustrating.

What is forgiveness?

"Generally, forgiveness is a decision to let go of resentment and thoughts of revenge. The act that hurt or offended you might always remain a part of your life, but forgiveness can lessen its grip on you and help you focus on other, more positive parts of your life. Forgiveness can even lead to feelings of understanding, empathy and compassion for the one who hurt you."                          

"Forgiveness doesn't mean that you deny the other person's responsibility for hurting you, and it doesn't minimize or justify the wrong. You can forgive the person without excusing the act. Forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps you go on with life." - mayoclinic.org

Let us forgive one another. I know it is sometimes hard to forgive especially when you trust someone and betrays you in return. Forgiveness will set us free... Hatred will do no good it will just lead to revenge. To revenge is an indicator that you are just as bad as the  person who offended or hurt you. The person who receive your revenge will hate you more and there will be no end in grudging and hurting one another.

I am not a saint or a nun or a psychologist what I wrote here is what I think what is appropriate. I am just a simple lady sharing what I perceive.