Chapter one : Change

The world is filled with war, cruelty and hatred. It's darkest times are the reason some never see their families again. The chilling winds of the battle field, constant anxiety, and struggling mental states are some of the finest descriptors of the Scouting Army. Their recruits used to be open for all, but now are very selective. After losing too many soldiers, it's clear that they need more skilled weaponry and abilities. Armin Arlert has been fighting this war for a few years now, and has seen just about the worst of it. Losing his comrades as well as his family is something he still cannot let go. The war of year 840 never showed empathy,

"Come on, you damned creature, die!" He shouted, using his gear to swiftly fly through the air. The titans were creatures not to be messed with. They were ruthless and had no mercy. Armin watched the titan closely, time seeming to freeze, allowing him to have pin precision with his blades colliding with the nape of the titans neck, the being falling over, defeated. A sigh of relief exhaled from his body as he was thankful it didn't last longer than it needed too. the young adult flew down to his horse,

Armin couldn't put a finger on why he was suddenly feeling so... ill. he got on his horse, starting to ride as he could feel himself starting to pass out. His body though felt light, and just like a dream, he felt himself floating in a void of white, a light getting brighter and brighter as he winced at its glow. He closed his eyes, reopening them when he heard noise.

His jaw dropped in complete shock as he couldn't recognize where he was at all. The big bustling city of Tokyo was nothing to be messed with. everyone talking, cars honking, it was all so overwhelming for Armin. He had just time traveled to the future, a future he couldn't recognize at all. He stood up from being on the ground of an alleyway, looking around with wide eyes as his whole body was struck with shock and fear.

"What... What the hell... wha-" he couldn't even put words to what his brain was going through. he didn't understand anything that was happening around him. All these machines and ginormous buildings towering over him. Was this just a vivid dream?

-

Come on I don't understand why when I tell you to do something over the period of a week, it still doesn't get done. A man thought as he walked swiftly down the isles of cubicles. Eren Jaeger was an employee for a mid-sized cyber security system in Tokyo. He worked in the evenings whilst going to college in the afternoon and mornings. it was time for him to leave to catch "his" cab that he always took to his apartment. Thank god it was Friday. He grabbed his coat as he threw it over his shoulders and stepped out of the office. it had started to rain softly as he sighed, looking around before starting to walk. He approached an alleyway, quick shortcut to get across to the other road. He started walking when he noticed a younger guy standing in the alleyway. His immediate reaction was to think it was just another homeless person taking up space in his way. Armin heard his footsteps approaching as he quickly turned to face Eren.

Eren was in utter shock to see somebody in such a vulnerable and fearful state, "Woah there, you good?" he asked, stopping as he looked all over the blonde haired male. He was covered in clothes that looked a hundred years old, dirty and stained.

Armin didn't trust him one bit, not wanting to get closer to this other man he knew nothing about, but also not wanting to step any closer to that noise. A train horn blared behind him as he flinched, plugging his ears as he shook his head. He mustered up a bit of courage to speak.

"Where am I?!" He said quite loudly, not being able to determine his volume from having his ears plugged. Eren could tell that something was up. His first idea was that Armin was on drugs and was unaware of his senses.

"You're in Tokyo" Eren paused, clearing his throat. It was obvious that any loud noise was easily affecting Armin. He seemed to be in a fight-or-flight mode.

"What's Tokyo?!? Where's the commander?? Where's the titans?? Am I dead? Is this a dream? This has to be a dream. oh gods let this just be a dream.." Armin didn't realize himself

slipping into panic. Eren felt sympathy towards him for some odd reason. He could rule out him being on drugs because of how aware he was of his surroundings. Maybe something was actually wrong with him or maybe he was in danger?

"Hey, i don't think you're okay there, buddy... I think you need some help, but first, I wanna know what you're so upset and afraid of, I mean hell anyone who lives in Tokyo isn't going to be bothered by the noise" Eren stated, rubbing his temple as he thought of what to do. "Look, if you want, i can bring you to my house before i take you to the hospital to get checked out"

Armin didn't move, his eyes closed as his fingertips ran white from pushing into his ears so hard to stop the noise of machines and constant chatter. He was numb to the world around him.

Eren stepped a bit closer to him, "If you come with me, my house is very quiet and clean, probably would be good for you right now" he said, Armin's attention being captured by the option of quiet. He didn't know or trust anyone in this world, so he had to trust that it'll be better then whatever he's currently stuck with. "Okay follow me then" Eren said, walking next to Armin.

As soon as they walked out of the alleyway, everything only for clearer, now visually flooded with hundreds of inventions that were not even known to Armin. He wanted to go home, even with the war, because a world like this seemed much scarier compared to man eating creatures. There were many times where he stopped, it being too overstimulating for his brain to be able to handle. Eren continuously had to usher him to keep walking. Once he was able to flag down a cab, Eren opened the door. Armin saw that the vehicle was... moving on its own. Without a horse, what could be moving such a thing?

"I'm not getting in that... thing!" The blonde stated, shaking his head as he stepped back, bumping into people behind him, causing them to mutter about this strange boy dressed in strange attire.

Does he not even know what a car is? How? Eren thought to himself, reaching a hand out. "Listen, this noise isn't going to stop unless you follow me" He said sternly, becoming slightly frustrated with Armin, but only out of confusion. Armin reluctantly got into the odd mobile vehicle. He stayed close to the door, knowing that it was the way to exit. As soon as the driver started to accelerate, he tensed. They were soon driving over a bridge, being able to see the whole cityscape. Armin for some reason felt... relaxed looking at the same clouds he was used to. The sky was the only thing he could recognize. All of the skyscrapers had him in awe, yet shock, his eyes continuing in a bugged out state. Is this reality?