Chapter one

The breeze ruffled Donghyuck’s hair as he took his first step out of Renjun’s car. When he looked over he spotted a big sign that was barely hanging on to the glass window. A few letters had stopped lighting up, but regardless they were red and you could make out the name of the place, the infamous “Rosie’s place”. Donghyuck smiled, This had been such a comfort place for all his friends. Donghyuck couldn't count on his finger how many times he had ended up here when one of his friends needed emotional support from a milkshake. 

    When you walked in the diner it screamed 70s. The classic checkered patterned floors with shiny red and white booths. Renjun smiled at Donghyuck as he stepped up and opened the door (because he was a gentleman). The bell overhead chimed making an announcement of their arrival. It didn’t take long for them to find their friends. If the noise wasn't what gave it away, them giggling and making a ruckus, it was the fact that they've been sitting at the same booth for years. 

    Donghyuck stole the spot next to Mark, giving him a shark-like grin. Renjun all but plopped next to Chenle wrapping his arm around him as Chenle immediately complained to him about personal space and how Renjun was clearly in his bubble. Donghyuck could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket but opted to ignore it in favor of listening to Jaemin.

“I plan on chilling by my pool majority of the summer and I will be damned if someone tries to stop me.” Jaemin huffed out, earning a few chuckles across the table. Jeno rolled his eyes stabbing at Jaemin with his phone. 

“Oh come on, we all know you will spend it inside playing video games until the early mornings”' Jaemin gasped and hit Jeno back in mock betrayal. 

    As Jaemin and Jeno bickered, the waitress had walked up. She had a tight bun made of dark brown hair sitting atop her head. She wore a tacky blue dress with a white apron (This diner really was straight from the 70s). Once the older woman noticed who was sitting at the booth her face lifted into a smile ( her wrinkles following suit). She pulled out her notepad as Jeno’s face lit up with a blinding smile.

“Hi mom!”. Murmurs of ‘hellos’ left the table once the group noticed Jeno’s mom. Everyone at the table at one point or another was basically adopted by Jeno’s mom. Jeno’s mom gave them a big smile. 

“Hi baby, I'm assuming the regular for you guys?”. Jeno nodded and they easily fell back into conversation. Not long after, two large plates of fries, and seven large milkshakes were placed on the table with the help of the other, much younger, waitress. Everyone munched away happily. 

Donghyuck sighed giving into his buzzing phone looking at the stream of texts. Mark eyed him up and down noticing that whatever was just dropped on him was probably a little serious by the way Donghyuck’s shoulders tensed up.  Mark subtly slid his hand over taking Donghyuck’s smaller hand into his own. He gave him a quick squeeze and kept their hands intertwined. When Donghyuck looked up to give Mark a questioning glance, he was already laughing at Jaemin who was gushing and pinching at Jisung’s cheeks. Donghyuck let it go, letting his fingers be stroked by Mark’s. He would never admit out loud, but Mark was really calming him down and he was able to happily munch on some fries. 

After a while of messing around and eating, Mark started talking. 

“Hey, I think Hyuck and I are gonna head out earlier, Renjun can you take the kids home for me?” Renjun nodded. As Mark got up and pulled Donghyuck with him, Renjun sighed and set his head onto the table. How was he supposed to have a chance with Mark alway snatching Donghyuck up? Renjun watched the window as they climbed into Mark’s car and took off down the road. If he purposely ignored the sympathy glances from his friends that was his own decision. Renjun shook his head looking over to his friends, a fake smile plastering his face.