Chapter 1: Growing

It was a brisk day in fall the leaves were falling and the wind carried smells from the near by coffe shop. Chase always really loved this time of year because to be honest to himself he really enjoyed everything although most of the time he does try and act like a strict to the rules barely any fun pup. On the inside he does hold a sense of wonder and playfulness just like the rest of the pups. But for the sake of the team and for the sake of himself he has to hold back and deal with it. But the times he does let loose are the best times of his life. But more and more recently he has not had those chances. But on the other side of the spectrum there was a pup that was nothing like that he was full of wonder and playfulness and was always ready for fun at any turn. But on the inside he held this kind of strict to the rules pup. No one ever knew this about this pup well except for himself of course but other then that everyone just new him by his joy fun and clumsiness. This pups name is Marshall. These two pups are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. One strict and the other one free spirited. These Two pups have worked side by side for the past four years and well these two souls 2 different side of the spectrum but all in 1 place Adventure Bay. Of course these pups were well known by everyone because Chase and Marshall are just 2 of the pups from the Paw Patrol. Although these two pups are very well know they of course have their secrets that they keep hidden from everyone secrets that they believe would not just break the team but also friendships. But it was so hard to keep it hidden because unknowingly these 2 pups held the same secret but never knew. Until a major event happens and this is were our story takes off.

"Hey Chase."

"Oh hey Skye."

"What are you doing way out here in the middle of the forest?"

"Oh I come here to think and just relax."

"I see well mind if I join you?"

"Not at all."

Suddenly Chase spots Marshall sitting on a cliff edge.

"Skye sorry but well have to do this another time."

Chase dashes over to Marshall and can hear faint crying. Before he said anything he sat next to Marshall seeing his tears flowing from his eyes. But Marshall stopped when he felt a paw around him and he was surprised to see it was Chase.

"C-Chase?"

"Yeah Marshall?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you that why you are crying?"

"O-Oh i-it's nothing."

"Marshall I can tell when you are not telling me the truth."

"F-Fine I-I just..."

Marshall turns to Chase and starts to crying and hugging onto Chase.

"D-Do you think I'm j-just a clumsy idiot."

Chase hugged him back.

"No of course not why would I ever think that about my best friend."

"B-Best F-Friend?"

"Yeah Marshall you are mt best friend I mean you are kinda the only pup I can relate to and like really hanging with but who made you cry who said that about you?"

"J-Just some local pups."

"Hey..."

Chase held Marshall cheek in a paw and looked into his eyes.

"Pay no mind to them they are just jealous about not being able to do the amazing job you do."

"R-Really?"

"Yeah of course."

Then suddenly Marshall tackled down Chase and hugged him tightly while his tail wagged rapidly.

"T-Thank you so much Chase."

"Of course what are friends for?"

Chase dried Marshall's tears and hugged him one more time. Suddenly Chase felt a warm sensation on his muzzle and he noticed he was blushing he quickly tried to hide it and was able to do it well.

"Really thank you Chase."

"Of course Marshall."

"By the way Chase we should get back before we waste to much of our day off."

"Oh yeah forgot that it was that time hehe."

Chase smirked at Marshall and said.

"Race you back to the look out."

Marshall was hesitate but nodded and the both ran to the look out. Marshall was out in front that was until he was caught on a tree root and tripped over spinning and finally landing on his back. Chase and Marshall started laughing until Chase tripped on the same thing and fell on top of Marshall. They both started blushing and hugged each other. They both quickly got off each other and stood up.

"Still wanna race or just walk back?"

"To be honest I rather walk the rest of the way Marshall."

"Ok Chase."

As the two pups walked back it was already sunset. So the two pups stopped off at the little cliff by little hotties tree and gazed at the sunset together.

"Truly beautiful isn't it."

Chase said to Marshall while gazing at the sunset.

"Yeah beautiful."

But Marshall was gazing at Chase whilst he said that but before Chase could notice he looked back at the sunset.

"We better get to be hehe."

"Yeah and Marshall."

"Yeah Chase?"

"If you think your gonna have another nightmare tonight you can sleep with me."

Marshall gave it a bit of thought and a blush Marshall smiled and shook his head.

"Thanks for the offer but I think I'll be fine."

"Ok but if you need me you know where I am."

Marshall nods before heading off to bed. About 3 hours later Chase heard and knocking and light crying coming from the front of his pup house he opened the door to see Marshall there. Chase smiled and let Marshall in.

"Wanna talk about it?"

Marshall shook his head.

"Well can you at least tell me what made you cry about it."

"I-I lost y-you."

"You mean as a friend or..."

"You were caught in a burning building and me being the clumsy idiot that those pups called me dropped my hose and you were trapped in there and I couldn't do anything a-and a-and...."

Marshall went silent when he felt a lick on his cheek and blushed a little.

"C-Chase?"

"Shhh Shhh it's ok Marshall I'm not going anywhere."

After he said that he held Marshall closer.

"T-Thank you Chase."

"No problem Marshall I am always here to help you out you are my best friend."

Marshall smiles but deep down somewhere unknown to him right now he wishes he was much much more then just Chase's best friend. Both the pups yawn.

"Good Night Marshall."

"Good Night Chase."