5. 👑Court👑

She elegantly makes her way into the court, taking slow steps on the velvet red carpet leading towards the throne.

Once she stops a little far away from the stairs leading to the throne, she bows. Yoongi slightly shakes his head down as a gesture of returning the bow before asking, "Princess of gorgyeo, you saved our guests. The min empire wants to gift you accordingly. Is there anything you wish to get?"

"Even if I do, it can't be mine your highness." She softly chimes, her voice angelic and melodious.

"There's nothing Min yoongi can't give you princess YN. Demand what you want." He insists.

Maintaining the eye contact, she fearlessly demands,

"I want you, Min."

His mother who is perched on the small throne right next to his, gets infuriated hearing her words and indignantly stands up from her seat. "Young lady, have you gone crazy? This mistake can have your head off your body." She wrathfully spit out, her words exhibiting pure scorn and disdain for the girl.

YN calmly turns to face the lady and in a composed manner replies, "Love is not a mistake your grace. It'll never be."

She turns to yoongi and adds, "If Min Empire counts love as mistake. Then I'm willing to face its consequences."

The elder lady snarls back, "YN DON'T FORGET...." but is soon interrupted when yoongi lifts his hand high, gesturing her to shut up.

"Princess YN, you can leave." He calmly orders and with a bow, she turns her back to him and walks out of the court.

●●●

Resting her head on her outstretched arm, she dreamily stares at nothing in particular.

"Princess, you can't leave the palace out of blue." A familiar voice hauls her out of reveries, a voice she can recognise anywhere.

Staying in the same position, she answers, "Princess of  gorgyeo doesn't stay at the table which can't serve respect."

"So are you going to leave after demanding me in front of the whole court?" He questions, standing at the doorstep of her tent which the servants had prepared for their night stay before they continue their journey to gorgyeo the following morning.

"What I want can't be mine." She rises up from the bed and slowly walks towards him.

Pulling her closer through her waist, he asks, "So you are already giving up, huh?" She looks at him with a calm and amused expression. Rubbing his thumb on her lower lip, he adds, "That doesn't suit princess of gorgyeo. Does it?" He cups her jawline and anchors her into a deep kiss which she replies back gleefully and passionately.

After kissing deeply for good two minutes, he pulls back and in his deep voice, whispers on her lips,

"Min is not a thing to be gifted, If you want him, fight for him, earn him and make him yours."

After a short pause, he tilts his head and a amused smile plays on his lips as he whispers,

"Princess, I thought you knew how to win me."

That's all he speaks before his grip around her fades like his silhouette which soon disappears into the darkness of the night after he leaves her chamber.

Retrieving back to her bed, her vision falls on the attire that has been sent to her by his mother with an invitation letter and a pair of anklets that one would often see courtesans wearing while performing.

And immediately, she knew what she needs to do in order to make him hers.