Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

VW: This Story contains the following, Suicide, references to self harm, Sexual references, Bad language, Gore and Supernatural horror. Making this book an 18+
Enjoy and thank you for reading. I am rather young and have no experience in writing (this is my first story!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a long drive to her parents house. The air was frosty cold and the heating in the car had no effect. In fact, it didn't even switch on. "Fucking old ass car"  Kat said aloud. Her parents gave it to her for her 17th, she's 21 now and the car has never been for it's M.O.T. She took a sip out of her flask that was made of metal with marijuana stickers all over it. She was obsessed with the stuff, both alcohol and weed. She was only 30 minutes away from Fossil Bay when she started to sob. The thought of her never seeing her parents again, wondering where they went. They've been gone for 2 months. No trace. They haven't used there bank, there's been no possible sightings. They just vanished and this was making Kat feel uneasy.She managed to get a hold of herself, and took another, (rather large) swig of the delicious substance. Half intoxicated, she started to think about school.  Back in Los Angeles she was only 6 months away from graduating at Southwestern law. Now she has to find another College, start a fresh, and probably have to drive 1 hr a day to attend classes. Fossil bay was a small village at the coast of LITERALLY NOWHERE. It has a small population of only around 120 people and the highest education there is high school. The buildings there are cheap, but suburban looking. That is, until you reach the end of the village. The houses there are old and run- down, very large and have great detail in them which makes it harder to fix it up properly. Most of the houses are surrounded by forest with a small gate and a gravel path leading to the rest of the town. One of those houses is where Kat is going now. Kat wasn't a very good person growing up, she wrote damaging things about others, graffitied shop windows, and carries guilt around on her shoulder about something worse... much, much worse. She'd rather eat unsalted pretzels it's that bad. The more she thinks about it, the bigger the guilt grows inside of her.