𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓉...𝑜𝓇 𝓈𝑜 𝓌𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉

(we are in Jill's pov)

     She and Carlos would walk into the apartment, she would feel his hand harshly grab hers and it tense up. She would look into his eyes, "What's wrong?". He didn't look at her and continued to stare at the ground, then he smiled and met her gaze. "Nothing, just...didn't think I would be here." She would sigh, "Neither did I, but things happen and...we can't do anything about raccoon." Carlos would let go of her hand and take his handgun out of its holster on his belt and place it on the smooth, cold, and sanitized surface. He would ruffle with his hair and push it back. She would smile and look at him, "You should probably take a shower." Carlos would look at Jill and scoff playfully. "Alright, I will take a shower. But first, let me help you with your wounds. They do not look very pleasant." She would nod and sit on a barstool by the counter. Carlos would unload the rubbing alcohol, bandages, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner that they got from CVS. He would toss the bag in the trash and pick up the things he needed to help Jill. He would place them on the counter and grab the arm Jill had the most wounds on. He would pour some rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad and press it against her wounds, and wipe it a few times. She would flinch at the burning, but try to ignore it. Carlos would notice her flinching and pull off for a few seconds then grab the wrap and softly wrap her arm. She would start getting flashbacks, and try to ignore the fact that millions died and she could have sacrificed herself and saved them, but she didn't, she saved herself. She would remember the trauma, the screams from some, that forceful nuke, but she kept telling herself to move on, which was easier said than done. Carlos would get up, "I'm going to take a shower now, call for me if you need me." She would nod and as soon as he shut the door to the bathroom, she would break down in tears. This was all her fault, no matter what pills she took, it would never go away, that constant throbbing in her heart telling her she was selfish and ruined lives. She would pick herself off the ground and go to a room and look in the mirror above the dresser. "You messed up, you really did." She would slam her fist on the dresser, and look back in the mirror. She would hear the water shut off, she would quickly wipe her tears away but there was no hiding the red and puffiness around her eyes. She would hear the door open and see Carlos walk in, "How was your shower?" That was a stupid question, Carlos would laugh and respond, "Pretty good if I don't say so myself, you don't look so good. You okay?" She would push past him and rush into the bathroom and slam the door, then lock it and sit against it. She would hear footsteps outside the door then listen, "Jill...none of this is your fault. And you need to accept that, you are...so god damn tough and I hate to see you like this. I will always be here, just take a shower. They always seem to help, I will be right outside the door when you are done, okay?" She would sniffle, "Okay," she would then get up and turn on the shower and take a nice, warm shower.

                                                                         (a few minutes later)

     She would get out of the shower and wrap the towel in her hair, she would look through the drawers trying to find a comb. Nothing. She would grunt, and splash the cold water from the sink in her face. She would quietly open the bathroom door and scurry to her bedroom. She would look around and see Carlos's shirt on the ground, she would inhale and grab the shirt. She would put it on and look in the mirror and see how baggy it was. She would laugh and try to style the shirt with her old sweatpants with holes in them. She decided to tie a knot in the shirt, and dry her hair with the towel. She would hear the door open and see Carlos walk in, "Well supercop, we are going to need a few more things. I can go pick up your prescriptions and uh- maybe get you some clothes and some groceries. And some girl stuff, just stay here. I will go pick up some take out. Is that cool?" She would nod and then Carlos would walk out but before he fully left he whipped around and looked at her, "Is that my shirt?" She would laugh, "Maybe." Carlos would laugh, "Its cool, I will be back," he would walk out of her room then she heard the front door shut and lock. She would sigh and go out on the balcony, it was a beautiful day in New York City, one of the closet and safest city near raccoon. She would take in the fresh breeze and look at the hoards of people swarming down the streets, then she would see the designer stores and the lines. She would sit down in the seat and absorb the air. 

                                                                                  (a hour later...)

     She would be shook awake and open her eyes to see Carlos, he looked concerned but then that concerned face quickly turned into a large smile. "Let's see if I did good picking out clothes." She would smile, and go inside with Carlos and see many bags full of clothes and makeup, and girl priorities objects. "Damn- I don't need all of thi-" She was cut off by Carlos, "You deserve the world." She would smile at the floor, then grab the bag Carlos was handing to her. She would take out almost 10 tank tops. She would smile and look at the different colors, she would then look at the price tags but before she could read them, Carlos would rip all the tags off and chuck them in the trash can, quickly. "Carlos-" Carlos would cover her mouth, "Shhhh, just be happy." She would sigh and his hand would go off of her mouth. She would open the next bag and damn, there were about 4 pairs of shoes, it felt like her birthday.  "Thank you- seriously I-" Carlos would hug her tightly, and not let go for a little. She would smile and couldn't help but start crying again, she then whispered under her breath "Please...don't leave me alone again." Carlos would hug her tighter and whispered back, "Never, till death do us apart, I will never leave before you supercop." She would continue crying and they would just stand there for a while.