1 - I Get the Most Disturbing Prophecy of My Life So Far

You're probably wondering who I am.

My name is Dabria (or Maliha, depending on where you're from). I'm Palestinian, British – but currently I live part time in a deserted town full of disgraced and evil demi-titans/gods, part time in the underworld and part time in Camp Jupiter and Half-Blood.

Yeah, you read that right.

Being the 111-year-old daughter of Thanatos has its perks (being in the body of an eleven-year-old is one of them), but the underworld isn't as bad as it seems. Seriously, I get to have my own chambers in Hades Palace (I know right) and collect souls alongside my father.

Currently, I was going over to meet Apollo – who was going to drop me of at Camp Half-Blood. Yup, the sun god. The super-hot guy who drives a red Maserati Spyder across the sky.

I stood on a hill in the forest, tapping my foot impatiently. That guy was so lazy sometimes. I wore loose blue jeans, a camp t-shirt, black combat boots, and a black, leather, biker jacket. Attached to a chain on my jeans was a bunch of charms. A bow and quiver, a crossbow, a Dacian Falx sword, a chakram, a spear and a double headed axe (the one Heather has from HTTYD race to the edge – a project with the Hephaestus cabin). If I pulled a charm of it turned into a life-size version of the weapon – and if I lost it, it would reappear in charm version. I kept a lot of other fun (all Stygian Iron) weapons hidden around my body, like Chinese ring daggers in my boots, poison darts in the soles of the boots, ninja stars in the fold of my jeans, a rubber bracelet on my right arm with Stygian Iron spikes, various knives hidden all over my body and a retractable spear thingy on my left arm.

I should probably explain. It's a mechanism that is strapped to my left forearm, a thin spear about six inches long, but in the press of a button it elongated thrice its size and becomes a deadly (and pointy) extension of my arm.

"Dabria – get in!" Apollo said, opening the door. I grinned, sitting in the passenger's seat.

"So, you want me to drop you to camp?" He asked.

"That would be preferable, yes," I agreed

We mostly engaged in small talk – but nothing to disturbing until now.

"A child of Hephaestus is whom you will care for, His true son will be your pride's undoing, for Love and Death are more similar than you think," Apollo said, parking the car.

"What?" I asked, subconsciously reaching for a knife.

"You heard me, Dabria," he grinned, "You're love life is about to get interesting."

"I'm incapable of love!" I snapped.

"That's what you think," he said, "I'll see you soon, Death-girl."

Saying nothing, I exited the vehicle and made my way towards the big house – hands shaking.

Love life? I didn't want anything to do with love, it was a weakness. A poison that twisted your priorities and got you killed. A child of Hephaestus? His true son? What the fuck did that mean?

I didn't know it, then, but the words of that prophecy would forever affect my life.

The camp was unusually dark, a storm was brewing. But it couldn't rain here, so we were fine. I went over to the big house, entering to find Grover, Mr D, Chiron and a boy I didn't know talking. He was average height, with black hair and sea green eyes.

He must be Percy Jackson.

"Oh, all right," Dionysus relented. "There's one more option. But it's deadly foolishness." Dionysus rose, and the invisible players' cards dropped to the table. "I'm off to Olympus for the emergency meeting. If the boy is still here when I get back, I'll turn him into an Atlantic bottlenose. Do you understand? And Perseus Jackson, if you're at all smart, you'll see that's a much more sensible choice than what Chiron feels you must do."