2 - Percy Jackson Ruins a Perfectly Good Bus

I went over to the Hermes Cabin after stealing some supplies from the camp store. "Aye, look who it is?" Came a voice from behind me. A pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and spun me around.

"Travis, let go!" I squealed.

Laughing, I greeted his brother Connor with a hug. The Cabin itself was pretty crowded, lots of undetermined kids. It made me sick to see these abandoned children, normal parents sucked – gods should behave better.

I only had one change of clothes that I had left over from last time I was here; it was stuffed under a loose floorboard that only one other person knew about.

Luck Castellan.

Dang, that guy was hot. The scar made him cooler – and he was a really nice guy. If I wasn't incapable of affection, I would definitely be crushing on him.

"Sup, mini-Maliha," he said, punching my shoulder. We did some small talk and I told him of the quest.

He thought it was a waste of time.

I did too.

I grabbed the clothes and went over to the bathroom. I changed into them and stuffed the ones I was wearing before in my bag. These clothes would suit better in the outside world. Especially if I ran into one of the crew.

The crew.

Children of Gods, primordial and Titans that were straight up wicked. Sort of like the inhabitants of the Isle of the Lost from Descendants. They mostly lived in a shitty town and got kicked around different boarding schools and correctional facilities. When I went to school during the year – it was with them. Being the daughter of Thanatos meant that I was eligible to befriend them. It didn't really matter who your parent was, but if they were evil or from the Underworld that was a hundred times better.

I checked the mirror.

I was wearing loose black jeans that were slightly ripped at the knees, black combat boots, a studded leather biker jacket, a green and black skull t-shirt, and plenty of chains on my jeans. In truth it was only two chains, the one with my weapons and a long one I looped a few times that could be used to strangle people.

I wore black leather gloves, which would help control my powers.

I had the power to kill something with a single touch.

Nowadays, I could control it – but accidents still happened sometimes.

The bag I had was black and studded – a gift from my friend Raven daughter of Tartarus (one of the crew). Inside was a hundred dollars, twenty drachmas and fifty pounds. Having grown up in England I didn't go anywhere without the currency. Who knows? It might come in handy. A Ziploc bag full of Ambrosia squares and a canteen of nectar – only for emergencies.

Annabeth was bringing her magic Yankees cap, which had been a twelfth-birthday present from her mom. She carried a book on famous classical architecture, written in Ancient Greek, to read when she got bored, and a long bronze knife, hidden in her shirt sleeve

Grover wore his fake feet and his jeans to pass as human. He wore a green Rasta-style cap, because when it rained his curly hair flattened and you could just see the tips of his horns. His bright orange backpack was full of scrap metal and apples to snack on. In his pocket was a set of reed pipes his daddy goat had carved for him, even though he only knew two songs: Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 12 and Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday," both of which sounded pretty bad on reed pipes.

We waved good-bye to the other campers, took one last look at the strawberry fields, the ocean, and the Big House, then hiked up Half-Blood Hill to the tall pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus. I liked that girl, we had the same taste in clothing and she would have been a great Crew member.