Chapter 1 - Lee

The teacher goes through a register and says my name. I smile sweetly taking a big gulp of air and reply, "Yes Miss." She puts her glasses abruptly on the desk and turns to face me, "Oh, you are the new pupil aren't you? Everyone I want you to meet the newest member of our class, Rosie." 

I blushed but luckily my dark skin concealed every embarrassing layer. Everyone smiled, some did not even care, but one boy in that class stood out. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, averagely built, quite tall about 5'8. He approached me and took a seat next to me. 

He said, "Hi, My name is Lee. Nice to meet you!" I felt the butterflies flurrying in my stomach already. A bit ridiculous right! 

"Urm Hi, Nice to meet you too." I said with my eyes looking down. 

He could obviously see that I was nervous so he asked me , "Would you like to join my friends and I for lunch?" I couldn't help throwing him a cheesy smile and saying, "Yes! Thank you! That would be great" 

At that moment, the bell rang. Lee volunteered to show me to my lesson as I obviously had no clue where I was going! I got to my lesson and he said,"I'll meet you by the canteen during lunch. Have fun in your lesson."

The lesson flew by really fast. I lost track of time. I couldn't help feeling that everything was going to be alright and I was going to fit in nicely. I still couldn't get over the fact that a really cute guy asked me to hang out with him!  

Lunch. The time to express your love with food. As soon as I set foot into the canteen, I got lots of weird glances from people. I heard some of them whispering things about me, but I ignored them pulled my head up high and walked over to the table where I saw Lee sitting. 

"Oh hi! You made It!" He exclaimed into my ear. 

"Yeah of course." I beamed. 

"So I would like to introduce you to my friends, this is Max and Ethan." He pointed to them accordingly. 

"Hi guys. I'm, Rosie. It's nice to meet you." They waved at me and said "Oh yes we know, Nice to meet you too." I smiled and I turned my attention back to Lee. 

Lee at this point had been staring at me and I couldn't help notice, so I pretended to cough. He became alarmed with this gesture, "So um, tell me a little bit about yourself" 

"Well, I just moved to England from Italy about 2 days ago. Crazy I know ...." 

Lee interrupted me and said, "Wait hold Up! So you have only been here for like a couple of days then? And you from Italy? Does that make you Italian?" 

I couldn't help but chuckle at his interests in where I came from, "Well yes, I speak Italian and was born there. And yeah I just moved here." 

"AWEEEESOOOME! Whereabouts do you live then?" He was practically shouting at me now. He didn't even care there were people looking at us now. I for some reason did! 

"I just live down the road from the school. So I guess not that far. What about you?" I murmured trying to keep my voice as low as possible so other people would not hear me. 

"I live a bit further down the Road. Urm... Maybe we can walk together some time." He blushed and I couldn't help notice how he started twiddling his thumbs waiting for my response.

I smiled," Yes, That would be great. " I could clearly see the smile that I had put on his face after saying this. The moment was soon rudely interruped as the bell rang again signalling the end of lunch, one more lesson then it was home time. I couldn't wait to go home. 

Last lesson was Maths, I sat next to a girl named Izzy. She was really nice, but I was not going to judge a book by its cover. I needed to find out more about her. I was always a social reject in making friends. I always had trouble in doing so. So I found trust a big issue as well. 

Maybe it was time for a change. Maybe I should be a bit more open to people. I was comfortable with Lee, but he is totally a different story. What are these feelings if any? Could I really end up liking him? Nah that's impossible. He would not like me. We are from two different leagues... 

Home time. It literally took me two minutes to walk home. I popped through the door and mum asked me  "How's school?" 

I was so excited I met Lee my tone startled my mum as I shrieked, "It was great thanks mum! Met some nice new people." 

"Oh that's nice dear. Now go wash up and have a bit of a snack." 

"Okayy Mum! I will only be a second." I ran into my upstairs bedroom and I remembered that Lee had told me to add him on facebook which I did. Within pratically 5 minutes of sending the request, I got a notification that he had accepted. 

I couldn't help it so I threw a fist pump in the air in the comfort of my own bedroom where no one would be able to see me or judge me.  With that note, I trodded on downstairs to have some food. God I was hungry.  

Started relaxing on the sofa watching TV when I heard my phone vibrate and it was a message from him. My palms started to get sweaty as I tried to glasp the thin piece of techonology in my hand. The message read: "Hey. Just wanted to check how you're doing?"  

I replied, "Yeah I am doing just fine and you?" 

I get an immediate reply from him as if he was waiting for me to reply, " Yeah I am great thanks, now that I'm talking to you. ;)" 

Oh Wow. Was he just trying to flirt with me? " Hehe thats sweet but you barely know me!" 

"Ugh! Ugh! Correction my Dear, I actually know everything I need to know about you! ;) x" He is so unbelieveably cute! 

"Ahaha! You're hilarious you know that don't you." I smirked at that comment. Luckily he could not see behind a screen. 

" I know, Anywayys I was wondering if you wanted to walk with me to school tomorrow." I think I just died a little. He wanted to walk with me. With me... 

"Yes that would be great! Well I will meet you by the corner shop at 7:45." 

"Yep, sounds like a plan! See you Then! Byye got to go have dinner now. Talk to you tomorrow." 

"Bye. See ya later alligator ;) x" He then logged off and I decided that it was time to put techonology to a rest. 

I lay in bed for hours not being able to go to sleep as I was still confused about Lee. I did not understand how I felt about him. I just met the guy and now I am over thinking about him! I can not believe this. I am scared to hang out tomorrow. What if it doesn't go the way I planned. 

I will just have to wait and see I guess.  

***

Hey guys, so this is my first chapter and I know it isn't that good as it does not contain much content, but it includes a main character which become prominent later on in the book ;) Hope you enjoy it so far and get what I'm trying to say.