Chapter 1: The Underground

Hange's POV
One day on a bright and sunny afternoon, a young eight year old girl named Hange Zoë was skipping down the town called Trost District all alone. While she was happily going about her day exploring the town, she discovered a dark alley that looks like it leads to a downstairs. "Hm? I wonder what could be down there?" Hange said with her pointer finger on her chin as she curiously, but cautiously observed the dark alley way. "Maybe I should just go. Mother and father will be mad when I tell them that I went alone in a dark place all by myself, but sometimes you just gotta live!" Hange says excitedly as she runs down the stairs of the dark alley way.

                             Levi's POV
Just another plain...bland ol' boring and depressing day in the underground. I let out a sigh. "Hey brat!" I herd an old man call out to me. " how bout ya eat you some bread, maybe get some meat on your bones." He says to me as he's walking towards me and throws me a loaf of hard bread. "Tch, am I suppose to thank you or be offended by your insulting joke, Kenny." I say as I caught the bread. "Thank me." Kenny said with a smirk on his face as he sat next to me on the ground against the wall. "Tch." I say to Kenny. "Hey I'm just foolin with you kid!" I just want you to eat some food, you always seem so depressed and down all of the time." Kenny said. "Well I did loose everyone ever close to me, including my mom" I say while I'm trying to hold my tears back. I noticed that Kenny, my uncle that just showed up one random day out of the blue, made a sad frown when I said I lost everyone close to me. "Well boy" Kenny says as he puts his warm hand on my shoulder and I look up to him with beaming eyes. "We both may have lost a lot of loved ones, I lost my sister Kuchel, which is your mom, but at least we still have eachother." Kenny says to me. I looked down at the floor when I made a half frown. "You're right" I said with a small, frail voice. "You're right, we do have each other, but sometimes...sometimes I just wish that I could...just have more...more people and love in my life" I vulnerably said as I felt a warm tear stroll down my cheek. "I want a family" I said. Kenny looks at me with a sad, but delightful comfort in his eyes. Kenny then smiles and says "who knows, maybe you will have a family one day. Life surprises us all" Kenny says to me as I look up to him with eyes full of hope. "Really?!" I say questionable and exited. "Yeah really" Kenny said while he is wearing a half smile on his face. All of the sudden I hear footsteps that are as little as a mouse, but loud as a horse. I swiftly turned my head as soon as I heard the footsteps. Kenny turned his head quick too when the footsteps came roaming in. As we're looking at the direction where the footsteps are coming from, we see a little girl with messy brown hair  that's in a ponytail, cute glasses and a smile that can light up this whole dark underground. Time froze still as my eyes began to go wide and freeze in place as I saw this girl turn the corner. It...was like...I automatically knew she was the one for me.