Chapter 5: Bringing Stefan and Bonnie Home

Chapter 5:   Bringing Stefan and Bonnie Home

Salvatore Boarding House:  Alternate reality

Damon and Elena appeared in the house.  They both looked at each other not really believing that they were there.   They only had 1 hour so they had to hurry and find Stefan and Bonnie.

Alternate reality 2 hours earlier

Stefan and Bonnie were back at the house, both of them were feeling weird about what happened at the store and the fact that there is a strange person there with them.  Bonnie was still wondering why Stefan thought this was his hell so she poured him a drink and decided to ask him. She walked over to him with the glass and handed it to him "I'm curious Stefan, why do you think this is your hell?  What happened to you on May 10th 1994?"  Stefan knew this question was coming sooner or later.  He downed the drink and looked at Bonnie "Well I was back here visiting Zach and his pregnant fiance.  They were running the boarding house back then. I hadn't seen Damon in a very long time. He had left me several messages apologizing for things he had done in the past." Stefan paused as the memories flooded in "He came home and I made him promise to behave so Zach invited him in. Things seemed to be going good until one night I found out that Damon got Zach and Gayle off of vervain and was feeding off of them. So I broke his neck,  pumped him full of vervain and took his ring and put him in the garage.  He wasn't even sorry for any of it. So I told him I was done with him and when the sun goes down he should leave and not come back." Stefan stopped and looked at Bonnie because he wasn't sure he could finish the story. She put her hand on his letting him know that it was okay and then they both turned as they heard voice "By all means,  please continue.  I'm fascinated to know why you think this is your hell." Stefan was annoyed that Kai was there but he continued his story "Zach and I had both been out of the house for a while the next day and when we returned home we found the door wide open. I immediately smelled blood and we went inside to find Damon had killed everyone inside except for one person, Gayle."  Stefan paused again and Bonnie looked at him "Please tell me Damon didn't kill a pregnant woman." Stefan looked at her wishing that he could tell her that. The look on his face told her everything "I wish I could Bonnie but I can't.  To get back at me Damon killed her." Bonnie looked a little confused "That's why you think this is your hell?  Stefan you didn't kill her Damon did." Stefan shook his head "That maybe true but I let him kill her. She died because of me. After Damon killed her I rushed her to the hospital and they pronounced her D.O.A. but  they did a c-section to save the baby. She was premature but healthy and I made sure she was adopted by a good family." Bonnie was completely shocked by this "Wow and what did you tell Zack and Damon? Bonnie asked.  "I compelled Zach to forget about Gayle and the baby and I told Damon that the baby died. I wanted to protect her." Bonnie smiled at Stefan because she knew that's what he would do "Stefan you did the right thing.  What happened to her after that did you keep tabs on her?" Bonnie asked. "Her name is Sarah and she is an art major at Duke university.  I look in on her from time to time." Then Stefan looked at Kai, who had been sitting there listening the whole time.  "I'm curious as to what you think you can do to get out of here?"  Kai looked at Stefan and smiled and then stepped closer to Bonnie "Well you see I am considered an abomination in my coven because I cannot generate magic but I can take it from others."  Then Kai takes a hold of Bonnie's arm and starts taking her magic.  Stefan sees what is going on and speeds over to Kai and Bonnie and knocks him away from her so he lets go of her.  Stefan turns to Bonnie "Are you ok?"  Stefan asked.  Bonnie nodded back that she was okay.    Kia just laughed as he got up from the floor "She is fine I didn't hurt her.  I need her.  I need her to do a locator spell  and find a device called an assendent and if she does that I will teach her the spell that she needs to get us all out of here.  How does that sound?"  Kai asked as he stood there smiling.  Just then they all hear a noise from the other room and rush in to see what it is.

Damon and Elena arrive in the house and hear voices in the other room. They hear Stefan talking and Damon hears everything that he is saying.  Elena turns to him "You killed a pregnant woman in 1994?" Elena asked. "Yeah I did. I admit not one of my best moments but Stefan lied to me about the baby." Elena looked at Damon and shook her head "He was protecting her from you and now your going to be like this when we are here to save him and Bonnie?"

Just then Stefan, Bonnie and Kai came running into the room. They all stood there looking at each other for a few minutes. Stefan couldn't believe what he was seeing "Elena?" He said as he looked at her and then Damon  "Damon? How are you two here right now?" Elena smiled and  rushed over to them with the vials of blood and handed them to Stefan and Bonnie "I will explain later. It's a long story and we don't have much time. Here this is Liv's blood drink it so she can pull you out with us." Stefan took the vial and drank it and then  grabbed Elena's hand and looked at her "I haven't seen you in four months and I know we don't have time but I really have to do this." Stefan then pulled her into his arms and kissed her. They kissed for a few minutes and then pulled away "I really needed that.  Thank you for coming to get me.  Thank you both." Stefan said as he looked at Damon

Damon walked over to Stefan never breaking eye contact with him "Hey brother, you have no idea how much I missed you."  Damon said and then he pulled Stefan in a big hug.  They both stood there hugging each other for a few minutes "I missed you too brother." Stefan said as he patted Damon on the back "I am sorry for lying to you about the baby being dead."  Damon just shook his head "I understand why you did it.  You had to protect that baby from a monster.  But I am not that way anymore and that young woman deserves to know she has family out there.  So as soon as we get back and you and Elena get a little alone time then you and me are going to drive to Duke and meet our neice.  How does that sound?" Damon looks over at Kai not sure who that was  "Um, Stefan who is that?" Stefan looked at Damon "Ahh that is Kai the annoying non witch power witch. And apparently this is his prison." Kai smiled and laughed slightly as he saw Stefan figure it out "Very good Stefan. Yes this my prison world because in 1994 I  tried to kill my whole family so they locked me up here."  Just then they all heard a voice out of nowhere telling them it was time to go.  It was Liv signaling to them that she was about to pull them out.  So Damon, Elena, Stefan and Bonnie all came closer together and waited until they were pulled out. Kai saw what was going on and tried to get to them before they disappeared but he couldn't and now he was still stuck there all alone.

Suddenly they were back in Mystic Falls. Stefan, Damon, Elena and Bonnie. They all looked at each other and smiled.