Stars

"C'mon, Jen. You need to get up and live a little." I hear Ashley speak from my bedroom doorway.

"You know I have finals coming up and I need to start studying." I replied still keeping gaze into my laptop. I hear Ashley sigh as she came towards me.

"That's fine. I mean that's great but today's your birthday. Don't you think you should have fun for once? How about we go clubbing tonight? It's your eighteenth birthday!" She pulled up a chair next to me and sat down.

"I'm not like the "party girl" who can have fun all night and not worry about her future. I really need to start studying." I continue to write down some notes.

"How about I go out to a couple of shops and I'll buy you a dress and you can stay here and study. Then later tonight, we can party. That way you can get some of your studying done and you can still have the best eighteenth birthday." Ashley asked impatiently.

"If I do go to the club tonight, will you leave me alone for the rest of the weekend." I asked looking up to her.

"I promise! I'll be back with a dress!" She gives the biggest smile as she walked outside the door.

I pick up my pen as I continue writing down my chemistry notes.

Hours go by when finally Ashley returned to our apartment.

"I'm home!" Ashley yelled as she opened our apartment door holding multiple clothing store bags.

"About time." I whispered under my breath.

"Hey, I heard that! But look at the things I bought for you, and a little bit for me." Giving an apoligetic smile. Of course the little shopaholic Ashley.

A little black dress got pulled out of the bag, along with some black heeled boots.

"You-You want me to wear that?"

"Of course! Why did you think I bought it?'

"I can't wear that. Look at it, Ashley. It's too damn short."

"It's called fun. The dress is fun. It's your birthday, it's the day to have fun."

"Fine." I grab the heels and dress as I head up to my room. I only had two hours to get ready.

I quickly strip out of my pajamas and head into the shower.

Why is she making me do this. She knows I don't like parties.

I shave my legs, shampoo and condition my hair, and of course wash my body with my strawberry scented body wash.

I grab my towel as I dry my body and my hair. I look into the bag to see the rest of the things Ashley got for me.

New make up, a bag with a matching wallet, and new underwear.

I pull out the items as a little note slipped out.

'Wear this tonight! Happy Birthday. -Ash'

I throw the note back in the bag as I get dressed.

~~

"You look hot!" Ashley exclaimed as I walked into the living room.

"Oh my god, stop."

"You know you do, ok let's leave it's already 9."

"Wait how are we going to get into the club? We're only 18."

"Oh don't worry. I came prepared with these." She pulled out two fake I.D.s.

"I don't know if I'm comfortable with using those I mean-"

"Jennifer, you are not going to waste that outfit, If we get caught, just blame it on me. Now c'mon."