chapter 4 - skinny love

Dear diary,
i feel hopeless

"Zach we're leaving in 5 minutes!" yelled Mikey. "Got it." he replied back. "Um anyways it was nice meeting you."
"Ya, it was nice meeting you too." We both exchanged smiles. I started to turn around and all of a sudden I felt a gentle tug on my arm that begged me to stay. I stopped myself from walking off and froze to the beat of my heart that was filled with adrenaline. Something like a piece of crumpled paper was now placed in my hand. I quickly turned my head to take a last look at Zach and my face burned and fire seared through my cheeks for a minute. "You're one quirky guy Abels." he smirked. I charged to my car as rain began to pour like shedding buckets of tears.

Shit. The rain was literally pouring shit by the time I reached my car. My clothes were all drenched as I entered through the car door and heaved out a huge sigh of relief. I realized that I still had the paper in my hand and tried to blow dry it in front of the air conditioner. The paper was still bleeding streaks of pen ink as I opened it up. 783-244-1547

I dragged myself to my bed like a dead zombie. My body literally crashed onto the bed and broke down. I shuddered at the feeling of cold rain against my skin and little goosebumps appeared on my skin. My mind was totally lost from this world and I blocked out everything from this little brain of mine. All was calm and the beating of rain against the window could be heard. It was 11:00 pm and the phone number was ingrained in my mind. I was honestly so confused when he gave me this. Finally, I managed to grab ahold of myself and called up the number. The call rang three times and it eventually gave up.

The streaming beam of sunlight hit the top of my eyelid as I managed to get up. Fuck, someone called me four times while I was asleep. I quickly redialed the number and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello?" it was the voice of Zach.
"Z-zach, is that you?" I asked. "Ya! Hey! Hahaha."
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for not answering. Apparently, I fell asleep."
"that's ok." he answered in a calm tone.