Chapter 1

Good morning and Goodnight. I wake up at twilight. It's gonna be alright. We don't even have to try it's always a good time! Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh oh oh oh. Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh oh oh oh. It's always a good time..

My alarm clock played this catchy tune 9 a.m. this morning. It's Friday, June 26th. Only about 8 weeks left of summer until school starts back up again. This summer I mostly slept in, watched tv, went to baseball games, and that's about it. You see, I'm an only child. My mom works during the summer, so for most of it I am home alone. Most teenagers would think this is great, but it's actually pretty boring. My friends usually go traveling and live pretty far away so I barely get to see them during the summer. But my goal for each summer is to make it memorable. So far, this hasn't happened this year. But hey, with a 2 months left, anything could happen...

I threw the comforter off of me and rolled out of bed. I stood in front of my mirror Singing along to the radio and combed through my knotted long, brown hair. I was wearing my favorite pj's: my purple cami that says Dream with a star on it, and my zebra soffe shorts.

I continued singing as I walked over to my window and looked outside. It was a beautiful day; the sun lit up my whole room. My eyes gazed to the house next to ours. Our houses aren't extremely close like in the city, but there's about a little over a half acre separating the houses. The house next door was normal sized like mine. 2 floors, a basement, 2 ½ bath, good sized yard...except this one had a pool. Not a fancy built-in one, but a fairly good sized above ground one, with a really nick deck. I would always be jealous when I saw kids swimming in that pool. My old neighbors, the Robert's, were two very nice old people. However, their grandchildren were 4 of the most annoying children on this planet. The Robert's moved into an apartment out of town a couple of months ago though, so I won't be seeing them or their irritating grandchildren ever again. The For Sale sign has been sitting in the front yard for what seems like forever. I glanced at the sign and noticed that something was different about it. Above the sign post was another small sign that said SOLD.

Sold? The house was sold. Someone has bought it. I hope it's someone normal with non-annoying kids. Maybe people who throw fun block parties. People who are actually nice, and don't yell at you when you step foot in their yard. I don't know what I'd do if someone like that moved in..

I kept my pajamas on and went downstairs. My mom leaves for work around 8, so I was the only one here now. I decided to make myself a bowl of cereal, and ate it in the living room. My mom never let's me eat in here because she claims that I am “clutzy” and “accident prone.” I do kind of agree with her, but I'm turning 15 next month. What could possibly go wrong?

After the top 20 music video countdown was over, I found myself at the sink wiping milk off of my shirt. Whoops.

After breakfast I put on a clean tank top and a pair of shorts. I put my cell phone and ipod in my pocket, got my skate board from the garage, and skated to the park across the street. There are sidewalks on both sides of my street. A couple houses down, across the street, there is this fenced walkway that leads to a playground. I used to love going there when I was little. There's swings, slides, monkey bars, a balance beam, pull-up bars, a bridge, a pond, and 6 basketball hoops on a black top court. There's also some skate boarding ramps too, but I'm not skilled enough to try them. The only thing I can do on my board is stand on it and make it go forward, and I'm not even that good at that. I skated down the concrete path that leads to the playground. There were about 12 kids running around and playing. Everyone in our neighborhood is very close, so none of them get scared of me when I sit on the swings. I pump my legs and pull my arms to make myself go higher. I look around and smile at the kids. They all wave to me, and I smile and wave back without falling. I pull my ipod out of my pocket and turn on a One Direction song that only I can hear.

Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun

I know we only met but let's pretend it's love

And never, never, never stop for anyone

Tonight let's get some

And live while we're young...”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Over the next hour or so, I played tag and hide and seek with some of the neighborhood kids who were years younger than me. I actually had a lot of fun, but I wish there was someone my age that I could hang out with.

I jumped off my skateboard as I approached my house and I hit myself in the arm as I tried to step on it and catch it. I ended up having to bend down and pick it up, but what's the fun in that?

I opened the garage and found my mom's car in it. I put my board down and went into the house. My mom was sitting at the counter looking through some booklets. She's an event planner; weddings, graduations, baby showers, birthdays, holidays, she does it all. Literally.

“Hey mom.” I said as I passed her to go into the fridge to get myself a juice box. Juice pouch if you want to get all technical.

“Hi sweetie, how was your day?”

“Good. Yours?”

“Great. I just got assigned to plan a clambake that's going on this october.”

“This early?” I asked

“Yeah, you know how those big-shots can be.”

I laughed. My mom doesn't really like those people who live in huge mansions who have spoiled kids and wear $800 dresses to work everyday.

“So mom, I noticed that the house next door was sold.” I said as I casually sipped my juice.

“Oh yeah isn't that great? I think they're moving in tomorrow actually...maybe we'll finally get nice neighbors.”

“That's exactly what I was thinking.” I smiled.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After dinner that night, I went upstairs to my bathroom. I took a nice warm shower and practiced my singing. I always sing in the shower, it's so much fun. I scrubbed my whole body with Malibu Beach body wash and used my Paul Mitchel shampoo and conditioner. I got out and put on fuzzy pants with a pink cami. I got into bed, put my ipod on shuffle, and began to think about tomorrow, when the new neighbors will be moving in next door.

****************************************************************************************

Heyy! So this is my first chapter...i don't know how good it is but pleaseee comment! Voting and fanning is good too though ;) Please tell me whatcha think! thanks for reading! <3