Just Best Friends

~Ella's POV~
This morning I woke up, sleepy as fuck. The sun from my window hit me straight in the eyes right when I opened them. Every morning is the same, but this one is different, my best friend, Daniel, always calls me at exactly 6:40 AM, but he didn't. I took a shower and began changing, as quickly as I could to try to see if something had happened.
~Daniel's POV~
'This morning is going to be different.' I thought to myself. I decided to surprise Ella and not call her this morning. I usually give her the heads up on when I'm about to come walk her to school, but I thought I should just arrive at her house. I was already dressed, on my way, but I never told her something I've kept for the past 11 years. I've been having a crush on her since we were 6, but she doesn't need to know that right now, she's in a relationship with a guy of course. I wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable. I finally stood at the step of her door, breathing in and about to knock.
~Ella's POV~
I finished eating breakfast and I rushed to the door, opening it. Standing there was Daniel, his fist about to hit the door. "Hey..." He chuckled "Did I surprise you?" My eyes got wide, surprise me? He almost gave me a fucking heart attack. I playfully punch his shoulder.
~Daniel's POV~
I hold my shoulder and begin laughing. "You didn't surprise me, you scared me!" She said, her eyes wide. "That's what friends do right?" I said, continuing to laughing. "Yeah..that's what friends do.." She said rolling her eyes "Best friends forever?" She holds out her pinky. "Best friends forever.." I intertwine my pinky with hers, feeling my heart drop, because I knew at that point we were friends..and that was all we were going to be.