seven | days out

Nayeon looks at herself in Momo's vanity mirror. She's trying to look her best, even if she's only dressed casually, but it's hard to see yourself as pretty when you look like you've stayed awake for five days in a row.

"Hey, it's almost time." Nayeon turns to see Momo, who is leaning on the door frame. "You ready?"

She shakes her head and tries to fix up her hair one last time, and groans. "I look like I've been working night-shifts for the past five years, Momoring. How can I be ready?"

"Don't think too much of it, Nayeon. Imagine going out with Jeongyeon as if you were going out with me and Sana."

"Yeah, but you two are loud." Nayeon glances at her.

"Jeongyeon might have changed, you never know."

"Yeah, changed her opinion, probably." Nayeon stands up and begins to walk out, but not until Momo grabs her wrist, forcing her to stop.

"I'm sure Jeongyeon will love you for you. If she changes her opinion on you just because you have a son, then she's not worth it."

Nayeon lets out a breath of relief. "You know what, you're right. Let's get this show on the road."

"Good luck, unnie!" Momo lets go of her wrist, and Nayeon begins to walk out the apartment. But she stops, and takes one dramatic look at Momo again. "What?"

"I don't know if I should tell you this," Nayeon takes a deep breath in. "But I saw Mina at the hospital last week. She's back, Momo."

Momo doesn't get to say anything as Nayeon closes the door, and she lands on the floor with a thud.

No...It can't be—right?

"She's back, Momo."

"Minari," she sobs, "Is back?"

*****

Jeongyeon doesn't even get the time to organise her thoughts, because the second Nayeon steps out into the lobby, she loses all air in her lungs.

Nayeon's in a low-cut black crop top, along with black pants that are loose around the ankles. (reference: Incheon International Airport 190712 Nayeon)

Her hair is let loose, and flows down, cascading across her exposed collarbones like an ocean's wave.

"Wow..." Jeongyeon can't even get the words to speak. "You look amazing."

However, Nayeon can.

"I know I do." It's a futile attempt at making herself feel better, and nothing beats the look on Jeongyeon's face which shows she wants to laugh at her antics.

Nayeon rushes to the entrance of the building and sees a 1965 red Ford Mustang, parked ever so precisely at the front. "Is this yours?"

Jeongyeon smiles and nods her head, happy with her purchase. "I heard you like vintage things. Momo even told me you corrected her when she wore a red cardigan, saying it wasn't vintage."

"I love it, Jeong!" Nayeon rushes into the car and practically throws herself in. "It's beautiful!" She caresses the dashboard in awe, visibly amazed at the vehicle.

Jeongyeon hops into the car, and starts the engine, and begins to drive.

It feels so free, to be out on the road as if they never had a care in the world. Nayeon raises her hands and waves them in the air, screaming the lyrics to Jackson 5's 'I Want You Back', and Jeongyeon takes a few glances at her, smiling.