Chapter One

VIOLETS P.O.V.

I heard the front door slam and got scared out of my mind. I know he is drunk. Whenever he comes home he is drunk. I tightened the blankets around me and hoped that I would here his foot steps up the stairs  But of course I heard the familiar creeks of the oak stairs.

They only got louder until he pounded on my door to freakin stupid to know how to open the door, of course.

"Open this door, Violet!" He shouted loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

I didn't open the door even though I know I would regret it I was scared of getting hurt again. Just as suspected the door opened up very quickly. I flinched at the sound of the door slamming into the wall.

His foot steps were slow but he only took a second to get here and hit me across my face.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING LAYING THERE!"

Sleeping, what else would I be doing?

"Nothing, ca-"

He cut me off by kneeing me in the gut.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!"

"Stop, please," I say weakly.

Another hit. Slap. I fell off my bed on my bruised hip. I want to cry. I know that he will beat me more if I cry. For being weak. For letting him abuse me, but what am I supposed do? Hit him back? To hell I'm doing that.

I feel him kicking me repeatedly  until I faint.

~~~~

I wake up on the floor to the sound of my alarm clock.

Fudge Potato. Today is Monday. At least no one hates me at school.

I slip out of my pajamas and slide on a black lace bra and a muscle-t. I get a pair of black skinny jeans and my bat man converse on over my bright hot pink socks, but you can't even see them. Haha.

I walk downstairs and see my dad sleeping on the couch.

I take the beer bottle out of his hand and put a blanket over him. I still love my dad even if he does all this stuff to me he is just depressed that mom is dead. Because of me. Well kinda.

I grab I nature valley bar and walk out the door. As I walk out the door I see that the house next to ours 'for sale' sign says 'sold'. I also see a moving truck. And a boy and a mother holding a baby girl, well more like a 2 year old. Some one must be moving in to the landstones old house.

Whatever, I rush down the steps of the front porch and start walking to school. I see the trees around me and the sun rising. I slide my leather jacket on before I go any farther because it is starting to get chilly out.

~~~~

I arrive at school and wait in the girls bathroom until the bell rings. I do that everyday. I hate waiting in class.

My best friend Skylar walks into the bathroom and stands next to me by the sinks.

"Hey, Sky." I say simply leaning against the wall.

"Hey, Vio. How was your sleep?" She asked

"It hurt." I say angrily refering to my father that beat me. "My body feels so sore, god, I dont think I will be able theur go back there today."

She gives me a frown.

"You could always stay at my house, you know?" Sky said feeling bad for me. She is the only obe who knows about my father beating me.

"I know but he will fond me there and hurt me more than he already does im lucky I'm not dead." I say weakly. She opened her mouth to speak but the bell cut her off.

I walked out of the bathroom and to my locker. I had an honors locker so I had a lot of space in my locker.

"Hey, Violet." Said a familiar voice. Jason, of course.

"What do you want JackAss?" I said rudely but he deserves rudeness.

"Another chance?" He gave me a look that I hate and he knows it.

"No."

"Bu-"

"No."

"Ple-"

"Stop. I. Don't. Like. You. Jason. Leave me alone, please?"

"No"