Chapter Five

Serena's P.O.V.

A few minutes later, the younger group walked towards us and sat next to us on one of the large sofas. "Guys, this is my girlfriend, Serena. Serena, this is Cameron, Blake, Eden, Dante, Ethan, and T.J," Aidan introduced us. "Wait a minute, Aidan. Is that the Serena Waterbury?" T.J asked. Aidan nodded and smiled at her question, and a hand flew to her mouth before she pulled out her phone and started scrolling.

"No way! I've listened to Without Him so many times!" she giggled, pulling up the video of me singing at the concert. "Can I see?" Cameron asked. T.J handed him her phone, and they passed it around the group as the song kept playing. Everyone had shocked looks on their faces, except for T.J. and Eden. Eden looked up at me for a moment before looking down at the ground. The look on her face silently told me that she didn't like me, but I just ignored her.

When I was starting to make it big, Aidan had taught me the different methods on how to recognize a hater and how to deal with them. And I thank him for that. Otherwise, I would be a mess. "Wow, you wrote that?" Blake asked. "I did, and guess who was the inspiration for that?" I said, looking over at Aidan. The others glanced over at him as well, with grins on their faces. Aidan's cheek began to glow a bright pink under the lights, and he just nodded and wrapped an arm around my waist.

For a while, the younger cast started asking me questions like, "How did you meet Aidan?" or "Where did you get your aspirations to be a singer from?" Gradually, the older cast came over and joined us on the sofas and started asking questions as well. I also got to ask them a few questions too. And almost everyone was super sweet! "You guys have to see her sing! She's so amazing!" T.J. said to the older cast. "Can you sing for us, pretty please?" Emmy pleaded. The others joined in on the begging, even Aidan. And he usually didn't beg.

The looks on their faces were so tempting that how could I say no when my passion was to sing in front of them in the first place? "Okay, fine!" I smiled. I grabbed my phone and started playing another one of my demos, and this time it was another song I wrote about Aidan, and I hoped that it would own up to the same amount of success like my other songs did. 

Clearing off a table, In my mind was set for two,

Acting like its nothing, but I'm feeling like a fool

And something's gotta break before another one brings me down

They bring me down

Next one had me trusting every word I thought was true

How could you keep lying as she's lying next to you

And something's gotta break before another one brings me down

They bring me down

But what if there's something that I keep missing

What if there's someone that I can't lose

Nights when I'm crying, will he listen?

Isn't there anybody?

What if there's someone that makes me happy

Someone that I already knew

What if? What if? What if that anybody?

Anybody's you? Any Anybody's You yeah

Someone to listen, Someone to make me happy

Someone who loves me. What if that anybody's you

Someone to listen, Someone to make me happy

Someone who loves me. What if that anybody is you

What if there's something that I keep missing

What if there's someone that I can't lose

Nights when I'm crying, will he listen?

Isn't there anybody?

What if there's someone that makes me happy

Someone that I already knew

What if? What if? What if that anybody?

Oh, Anybody's you yeah,

Oh, Anybody's you

Anybody's you yeah

Anybody's you

The others stared at me, and I could feel my heart begin to pound in my chest as I worried about their reactions. I liked to please people, and I was worried they were going to say something bad about it. But instead, the room burst with applause, and I felt my cheeks turn pink. "That was just as beautiful as Without Him!" Cameron smiled. "God blessed you with a gift of song! You sounded amazing! " Robert smiled. "Thank you so much, Robert," I smiled. Just by how nice he was being, I could already tell that Robert and I were going to be good friends.

"Alright, Main cast, I need you guys to get ready and meet on set in about half an hour!" The director called out before walking out of the room. "Well, guess we should get back. It was lovely to meet you, Serena!" Tom said as he stood up. "Keep up with the singing!" Emmy said singsongy. I watched as the older cast walked out of the room, and I looked over at the remaining cast members. "We should probably get back to the trailer," Aidan said, extending his hand out to me after he stood up.

I nodded and slipped my hand into his, and I said my goodbyes to the younger cast. "Maybe we can hang out in the trailer later!" T.J. called out as we walked back to Aidan's trailer.