Prologue

Prologue

"Mina, good morning! Breakfast?"

I immediately shook my head when I heard a familiar voice coming from a familiar man. Ever since I moved into this house to fulfill my father's will, this guy—never let me enjoy a quiet time by myself. He's always there and never gone in my sight.

The table was long enough for me to take a break. I'm sitting on the other side while he's there, sitting on the other side of the table, smiling at me mischievously.

"Good morning!" he greeted me.

Smiling from ear to ear, he stood up and walks toward me. He sits next to me and pushes a tea in my direction.

"Leave me alone," I said, pissed.

I eat my breakfast silently while he's blabbering about something I don't even understand. He said something like 'ballet'.

"What is that?" my forehead knotted, waiting for an answer. This kid looks so passionate talking about that stuff so I got so curious about it. He's just 7 and being so passionate about dance or even music surprised me.

Well, I'm just 5. And I don't have any hobbies except for reading books and poems.

"Aha! Got you there," he laughs, "Will you join me if I tell you what ballet is, Mina?" he continued.

My brow creased but at the same time, I felt so excited for the first time in my whole life. I nodded and waited for his response. It better be worth my time.

"Ballet is a dance where you show your love in any way you want it to be illustrated."

This boy's word caught me off guard. Is there a way where I can show my feelings without opening my mouth? I mean—talking is overrated.

I didn't answer but I have the same feeling with him, and I'm willing to go through anything just to learn more about this ballet thingy.

"So, do you want to be my partner?"

I leaned my head closer to his and the strange feeling begun to travels upon my spine. Is it normal? I cleared my throat and tried to deliver my word straight.

"I'll think about it, for the time being, I want you to show me the dance," I said, challenging him.

He just smiled at me, warm enough to melt my heart. Jimin holds my wrist and takes me to the dance room. I heard the maids calling for us but he didn't bother to look back. He's so excited to show me his dance.

"This is the deal," Jimin muttered. "If I managed to impressed you, you will agree to be my partner and friend, is that clear?" he whispered to me so I nodded absentmindedly.

He grabbed his ballet slippers and went to the middle of the room, music started and he dances with them. Flawless. That's all I can say. He dances as if he's telling me a story and I love it.

Jimin continued dancing in passion and I could never get over it. He was the best dancer I've ever seen at that time. The music stopped and so he is.

I gave him applause and smiled gently.

"What are you doing? Come on, I'll tell mom to buy me shoes so I could join you dance sooner!" I screamed before running down the hall.

One week has passed after I decided to dance. It's not easy but having Jimin on my side makes it possible.

I remember that day when Jimin and I were still young and clueless about the thing that going to happen in the future. We practiced, practiced, and practiced until we got in our first ever competition.

As partners.

We had it all. We're best friends and partners and no one can separate us!
We're unbreakable... Or so I thought.

Because the friendship we tried to protect was ruined easily by the event we didn't expect to happen. I have to go back to Japan because of my dada's heart failure. My mom and I needed to go back—even if I don't want to.

I knocked on his door and waits for someone to answer. No one. He's been like that for a couple of days since I mentioned what my mom said.
He's avoiding me for what? Doesn't he want us to share the same breakfast for the last time?

When he didn't respond, I opened the door without his consent. We've been friends for 10 years! Of course, I know him so well.

"Jimin-ah! Are you mad?" I asked and strolls through his room. Once I reach his direction, I sat beside him.

"You told me you won't leave me. . ."

Instead of reassuring him and giving him false hope again, I walk and pick up the music box inside my tiny bag.

"Maybe we will be apart but that doesn't mean we said goodbye, right? It doesn't mean we won't see each other again. . . When Dada is finally recovered, I'll come home and will see you again."

Jimin then smiled and open the music box for us to listen to it for the last time together. Because after this we'll never be the same again. . .

"I will wait for you and we will dance again not only as partners but as one."

_________________________________________________

:3