Link Up

~Tuesday

I woke up from the bench and felt a whole bunch of trash piled on top of me

I woke up from the bench and felt a whole bunch of trash piled on top of me. I can barely open my eyes cause it's filled with crust so I went over to this little pond of water and took some water upon my face to take the sleepiness off my face.

After being in jail for a day it was some type of experience. The only good thing that came out of it was that I had shelter, Something to eat, and a place to sleep. And it was needed but it didn't last long. Even a jail didn't want me.

I decided to go to my favorite coffee shop where this elderly woman named Mrs. Jenkins or Mrs. J for short. Out of everybody that lives in this town she seems to be the only one who has a genuine love for me my parents didn't love me the way she did. I got kicked out of the house when I was 16 Because I didn't follow in their footsteps. Most of the people in my family are Doctors, Lawyers, and anything with high pay. Me on the other hand I wanted to become a painter. Painting was a passion of mine, I've loved it since I was a kid. Paint shows the real Art and meaning. I like to paint with feelings.

Once I made it to the shop she greets me with a warm smile "Hey Chris how is ya doing baby?"She said getting ready to make some coffee "I'm alright" I said as I sat on a stool that's where she made the coffee "You sure you look tired do you get some rest?" She says "I just got out of jail because I wasn't allowed to sleep on a bench but people sleep on benches every time plus I'm tired you know, of sleeping on a cold bench every night" she nods. "Why do bad things happen to me it seems like no one ever hardly even notices me but just some bum on the street, they think I'm not human or a dirty animal," I said and looked down.

"Listen, Chris, you are the strongest person I've ever known and everything will be alright don't let these people put you down just because they think differently about you because you are human. As long as you have god and faith in yourself something good will come your way," she says. "How do you know that for sure?" I ask

"Because I pray for you every night, every time I look out the window and I see you sitting on that bench I clutch on my necklace and just pray," she says.

"Thank you Mrs. J I appreciate that"

"No problem baby I'm always here if you need someone to talk to," She says as she places the coffee in front of me and I took a sip letting the
warm liquid down my throat.

"I have to close the shop today you know I close early on Thursdays and you can take your coffee with you," she says "Okay," I said getting up walking towards the door when she calls me one more time and tells me to "Be careful out there you hear me boy," she says "Yea ma'am," I said and she winks at me and I do the same back.

-20 mins later

As I made it to the bench where I would usually lay my head I saw these two guys sitting on the bench so I got a closer look and they saw me and looked up at me then one of the guys start saying "Is there a problem?" One of the guys asked. "n-no" I shook my head trying not to make eye contact.