Air

"Just breath... In and out, in and out.....Okay?....Hey I know, I know. I'm here now, so everything going to be okay...Just breath in the.......

.

.

.

.

.

"Air"

.

.

.

You feel your chest tighten. As you struggle to breathe you feel an invisible force pulling you in a direction of space...down.

.

.

.

The deeper and farther you go the stars become less bright as they fade into darkness"

.

The pulling force suddenly releases giving you a millisecond to react

.

.

.

For a millisecond, you were fine.

.

.

For a millisecond, there was peace.

.

.

.

For a millisecond you weren't being pulled down.

.

.

.

A millisecond later, you are plummeting, falling further into the darkness. As you fall you feel the impact of a glass-like barrier as it shatters into millions of pieces. You continue to fall faster and faster,  breaking through barrier after barrier, until you feel like the remaining air you had left was being sucked out of you.

.

.

.

You thought, "Is this it? Is this how I die? At least it'll be quick..."

.

.

.

The fear you once had was now muted by the lack of breath and numbness in your mind. Were you afraid to die? Do you really want it all to end right now? Really?

.

.

.

.

.

What would they say?

.

.

.

Would they even care enough to notice?

.

.

.

As you ponder on these lifeless thoughts, you see specks of... something trailing above you. You try to squint your eyes, but your vision was blurry. You rub your eyes to clear them, feeling dampness at your fingertips.

.

.

.

Tears...

.

.

.

At this point, you could tell when you'd break through the next barrier. Each time felt the same.

.

.

Impact. Shatter. Fall.

.

.

.

.

You count down to the next barrier, watching your tears fall upwards, which rejected this sickening law of gravity.

.

.

"Three"

.

"Two"

.

.

"On-"

.

.

.

You couldn't even react in time.

.

.

.

.

.

The impact felt painful and enveloping, as you sensed...water quickly surrounding you.