The Roommate

Historia's POV

Cheap apartments in New York are so hard to come by, they're either perfect but too expensive or cheap but extremely shitty.

"Ugh! This sucks!" I voice my frustration, leaning my head on the library desk, earning a 'shh' from other library goers.

I mutter a 'sorry,' and continue my search for an apartment.

After another hour of searching, I still didn't find one so I began packing my things, until my friend Ymir came up to me,

"Whatcha doin' Hisi?" she teased,

"Don't call me that. And I'm looking for an apartment. My roommate is really starting to get on my nerves," I groan in frustration.

"What's wrong with Hanna?"

"What isn't wrong with her?? Her boyfriend practically lives there too! Plus, she comes home from parties super drunk and loud, crashing into everything which makes it hard to focus on studying! I've shared two words with her, Ymir. Two words!"

"Tough luck, kid." She deadpans, barely even listening. Ugh! This girl!

"Gee thanks..." I say sarcastically. She finally looks up from her phone and speaks,

"Hey, have you tried craigslist?" The heck is that??

"What's craigslist?" I ask her as she laughs at my confusion.

"Oh, you innocent, blonde shortie," she laughs,

"Hey! I'm not that short!" I pout, puffing my cheeks out. She just laughs,

"Yeahh, sure. Anyway, craigslist is a site where people post ads about shit they're selling or rooms they're renting out. Usually pretty cheap too. Be careful though, lots of creeps on that site. Set a meetup before you move in."

"That's perfect! Thanks, Ymir! Gotta go now though, it's pretty late and I have an early shift tomorrow. See ya!" I give her a quick hug and head out of the library.

"Later, blondie," she casually throws up a peace sign, not bothering to turn around.

I get back to my dorm, take a quick shower, and put on a pair of baby blue pyjama shorts and an oversized grey sweater. It's Friday night so Hanna isn't here. Of course. So I take advantage of the peace and quiet and start looking for apartments on craigslist.

After searching for only twenty minutes, I found one that checks all my boxes!

I'm gonna start using craigslist for everything I need!

I just hope this person isn't a creep. I see the name of the one who posted the ad; Eren Jaeger. There's a phone number below the name so I give him a call.

The phone rings for a really long time and as I was about to hang up and try again tomorrow, someone picks up,

"What?!" I hear a deep voice say. Okay, rude.

"Wow, is that how you normally answer your phone?" I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes as if he could see me.

"Sorry. Um, who is this?"

"My name's Historia Reiss. I responded to your ad on craigslist about a roommate?"

"Oh yeah. What's up?"

"I am quite interested in moving into the spare bedroom that you currently possess, but in order to assure my safety, I would very much appreciate it if we are to meet up and get to know one-another first. Would that be possible?"