Chapter 01: Four of the Most Dangerous People

The Daily Lives of CERTAIN People

01

-Four of the Most Dangerous People-

Trusting leads to betrayal. Betrayal leads to pain. Pain tells you a lesson. A lesson is to be applied in the future. The future is always unperceived. So what was the point of experiencing everything up until now if you can’t assure something similar will happen in the future? I can’t do that. I can’t always endure.  I just want a good life where I can be with people who could understand.

Unfortunately, I can’t. I was too young and too naïve. I couldn’t possibly understand anything at that time. What can I say? I was abandoned by my real parents and became a lab rat. How can I possibly understand those kinds of things if I never even knew them from the start?! Infuriating… but it cannot be helped.

By the way, I was the first successful experiment—just so I’d like you to know.

The sounds of the alarm came off with a boom. All security personnel who were available at the time rushed to the specified location.

The target was a little girl with auburn hair. She had a pair of glasses, and she had freckles adorning her face. No one should be able to miss her due to her striking glowing eyes.

Nikki Nicole Schurande, the very first experiment that was successful in unlocking the full potential of the ‘seed’.

The seed is a microchip. As the name suggests, it grows like how a plant does. Once it enters a body, it sends electromagnetic pulses all throughout the host. Inside those pulses are pieces of information that help in creating a computer within the body. The pulses travel around the body so it can gather information in terms of compatibility.

The pulses, however, are unknown. That’s why most of the subjects weren’t able to take it. They die a few minutes after insertion of the seed.

This subject was found to be compatible with the seed. Their downfall was that this subject had her mind’s potential unlocked to a new level—a very unreachable level to be exact. She was able to think and process everything as fast—perhaps faster—as a computer. Her eyes can be compared to an ideal camera. Her mind was the most powerful computer known to have existed. She would probably be the first and last if the security personnel were to fail in capturing her.

The little girl snapped her finger. On cue, a holographic desktop appeared right before her eyes, literally. It showed a complete 3D map of the place and it also indicated her current location and as well as the location of those who were in the middle of finding her. She refrained herself from holding a cheeky grin as she thought of hacking the system of the laboratory and release all of those subjects who were also held captive.

She wasn’t the only one who was being toyed. That was a fact. She was under the breakthrough section—this is the section where genius inventions made by dead people are being tried on test subjects. The subjects in this section are those who are always used up. Another was the military section—this is where scientist and military men team up in order to form better weapons. These vary from creating something from nothing to dead accuracy shots.

Unlike the aforementioned section, the military section doesn’t need random test subjects since anyone with a strong mentality will do. This is where the magic happens. A code is injected to the subject’s brain and the rest comes like a thousand bolts. Once the code finds the best thing for the subject, it creates alteration within the body, enabling whoever was the test subject gain a special ability…