Chapter Six

I know I'm uploading this fast, but I really want to get to the good bit of the story... I would love to know that there are some dedicated readers out there, so let's have a party down in the comments :3

Thanks for all the support,Lily x

_________________________________________________________________

My Dearest Kit,

They won’t, not when you’re there to protect me. Nothing can touch me as long as you still want me, because all the pressure would be worth it for just a few moments alone with you.

Sometimes I wish I could see you too.

You’re not a wuss, you are in touch with your emotions, there’s nothing wrong with that. If we were together we would compliment each other’s personalities. I would be the one to catch the spiders and you would be the one to comfort me after I don’t get into any of my university choices; it’s perfect. I’m not a genius, I’m really not. I’m smart, I won’t deny that, but I’m not a genius. I’m logical, I always have been, it’s just the way I am.

I understand, they are sea green, I can picture them, staring at me, beautiful. You’re right, you do understand. I don’t label myself as indie, but I am individual in the way that I am, the way I act and the way I dress. You’re indie like me too, we can be indie not indie together.

No-one should get teased for being themselves, I think it is despicable; we are all human beings, what’s interesting about being the same? You are not too old for me Kit, you’ll never be too old for me. I understand that there is a slight gap between us, but five years cannot come between us, five years is like a second compared to the time we could spend together. Five years is utterly trivial.

I’ve never thought of it before now but you’re right, eclectic is certainly an eclectic word. I am a skinny jeans chick indeed, I wear simply nothing else. Hip Hop makes me feel happy, it gives me a lift. Try listening to some Sugarhill Gang, or Run DMC, both are wonderful and make me feel extremely gangster when I listen to them. If I had to just pick one? I don’t think I could! I love Donnie Darko and Inception and Romeo + Juliet and the Scream movies. There are too many to choose from, out of the hundreds of films I’ve watched over my seventeen years of existence. I told you, that rarely happens, and when it does, neither of the boys are particularly good looking, not usually. There was one bass player, he was hot.

You just called me your girlfriend.

I read about Bristol uni in a magazine once, and it was only once I visited it that I realized how wonderful it actually was. The only issue I have with going to a university in London is the fact that there will be so many people and I will be alone and there will be no-one there whom I know and whom I can rely on. It scares me. Cambridge is a dream, some unlikely fantasy I have of going to the same school that Stephen Fry once attended, to go to the balls and the dinners and to live in a college house. It’s unrealistic. I’m being optimistic but the prospect just seems so ridiculous.

Trust me, Kit, I’m far from concert standard. I’m rubbish at practicing and I can not sightread to save my life, the only thing which I’m good at is playing with passion, because music runs through my veins, like a poison. I have a suspicion that we would be wonderful together, singing, playing, we could create beautiful things. I’m not as cool as you make me out to be Kit, I’m more odd than that.

You’ll know one day, maybe soon, maybe not so soon, but there will come a day where you will be able to picture my face with such clarity that it will seem as if I am standing right in front of you. Nose rings are a cool thing to have, but I don’t know if it would help your acting career, there aren’t many parts which call for facial piercings.