Chapter 1

It's been a few hours since Technoblade, one of the best PVP players in Minecraft, started his stream. Techno had been lacking content and it had been a long time since the blond had truly, casually spoken to his "rival" without there being a competition or title at stake for the both of them.

Dream has known Technoblade for a while and they've interacted on multiple occasions when there wasn't a competition for them to claim, but those small interactions were mostly through Twitter or scheduled events planned by some of the other streamers they knew. This was one of the first times the two were ever actually on a call and talking normally, like normal people even if Techno was streaming and running about the Dream SMP as they spoke.

Technoblade, as always, was claiming Dream was only here to give "clout" and raise his viewership and subscriber count. And while Dream knew the Clout Claim was a simple joke Techno had made one day and continued to roll with, the blond had been keeping watch of Techno's stream and YouTube account and wasn't surprised at all to see the amount of viewers go up once Dream's name had been added to the title. Techno had been the one to keep check of his subscriber count and could safely say that it had gone up a fair amount since Dream's appearance in stream.

Currently, Techno was telling his chat one of his college stories he hadn't used for a video yet and that allowed Dream to recline back in his gaming chair and think. With the voice in his ears, his thoughts mainly surrounded the Blood God.

Technoblade was originally a stranger to the emerald-eyed boy who suddenly became rivals one day because their fandoms had said so. That and the Minecraft Monday and MCC events that had happened had proven them to be on par with each other. Why wouldn't they be made rivals? But that wasn't what Dream was thinking about really.

It was true that Dream and Techno had started off complete strangers, but then why did Techno seem so familiar to Dream? It was as if Technoblade reminded him of something. Or someone. But Dream could never find an answer to what that something or someone was.

These thoughts always occurred when he spoke to the other male and it made Dream somewhat conscious to continue holding up conversation. It always made the masked male cautious of the thing he said and he was always listening intently to see if he could get some sort of hint, but there was nothing the other said that was ever remotely a helpful hint.

"Dream?"

Hearing his name, the blond quickly sat back upright, fixing his chair in the process, and went back to his mic. "Yeah, what's up?" "You went silent, I thought you died or somethin'." Technoblade told him with a quiet chuckle that Dream almost didn't catch. Behind bright screens, Dream smiled at his words, "Sorry! You were telling your chat a story, I didn't want to interrupt. And I may have accidentally zoned out a bit, heh.."

With his honesty came a quick retort from the other male on the other side of the discord call. "HA! Wow, thanks for being so invested in my stories, Dream!" Faking being offended by this, he gasped, placing a hand on his chest that no one could see; "I'm very invested! I'm offended you'd think otherwise-" "You literally just said you zoned out!" Techno cut him off with a laugh, his usual monotone faltering slightly as he laughed.

"IT WAS ONLY THIS ONE TIME, TECHNO!" Dream shouted back through his microphone, "I watch all of your story time videos! I can show you proof I watch your videos!" Silence fell over the call for a few seconds. "Would it be bad if I said I didn't watch any of your videos?"