Chapter 6 - Shut me up!

The idea behind helping the Warner siblings get ready for the shoot of the day was simple; just make sure that they were where they were supposed to be on time. Anyone could do that.

However, the idea of sitting through their act was not.

You four reached the side door of the set that read 'Entertainment Personnel Only' in 30 seconds flat. Lot 57 was a corner lot that had three garage doors instead of the average two and they were all open. A big trailer with two commercial cars were parked in the front; something you noticed upon passing. The sun shined off the new wax of the bumper indicating that the day has officially started to your internal clock.

Yakko jumped over the single step leading up towards the platform and grasped the knob. "Hey, speaking of. Have you ever been on a set Intern?"

Now facing you, you politely shook your head from side to side. Dot's hand tightened in a oddly-friendly/comforting way. "Oh, you'll just love it! Everyone's just a peach!"

She trotted up to the door with you not too far behind. Yakko pushed it open slowly and held out his hand towards the designated direction (very gentlemanly, might I add). There was even a slight bow as you walked passed which made you crookedly smile in confusion.

"Yum, peaches..."

With Dot leading the way, it was easy to look around and take in the atmosphere. There were gigantic light structures hanging from the ceiling out of use with curtains delicately loose on either side. It looked like the back of an auditorium with all the random pieces of technology scattered about on small, rolling tables. Continuing to walk along the taller-then necessary industrial wall, you could start to see more light ahead behind three closed curtains. Yakko and Wakko followed behind you both unperturbed. That was, until they spotted the light ahead as well. "Hey Yakko. Do you think they'll have peaches this time?"

"Who knows sib. They might!" With that, both ran passed you and Dot without sparing a glance. The curtains softly closing against each other up ahead was the only indication they left. That, and the panicked shout.

"They're here!" The frantic screaming that followed was enough to get the negative thoughts rolling. "Where is she?!"

Pushing the curtain slightly to the left, Dot lead you towards the chaos. What you saw shocked you, which was a first. Ever since you've met the Animaniacs, things stopped having an effect on you flabbergast-wise.

Directly to your right was a long buffet table filled with what looked to be dirty dishes and slobber, Wakko hunched over on his side as big as a small Volkswagen. Your observation was followed by a loud burp. "Oh, excuse me."

Now looking towards your left, you see Yakko sitting on top of the big Arri Alexa 65 camera. He seemed to be talking to the lanky camera man who seemed flustered to the point of fainting. It only seemed to get worse as the toon pointed over in your direction. You didn't have time to question it as a voice boomed.

"You!"

You turned uncharacteristically fast towards the shriek to see a shorter, older man marching straight ahead towards your figure. He had a short, white beard, a dark blue dress shirt with the top button undone, and a big megaphone in his grasp. Uh-oh. You're making a bold assumption that it's the director. You hesitated. "Yes?"

"Just what do you think you're doing?!" He's standing 3 inches away from you at this point with a harsh glare over the dark shades resting lowly on his nose. "These-These things are reeking havoc in my studio and-and-and on my staff!"

He angrily points to where Yakko was standing a few seconds ago and in his spot was Dot currently leaning into the same fear-ridden man as before. "Why aren't you keeping them under control?! I'll have you know," he waves his finger in your face and you take a step back with your arm protectively in front of your face, "I should report you!"

Before you could utter a snarky response, Yakko beat you to it. "Hey, buddy. You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?"

"W-What," The elderly man shook his head in disbelief, eyes wide. "I-I never!"

Yakko kindly wedged his body between the both of you and provided some form of a physical barrier you didn't know you wanted. You were politely moved back by Dot who led you to the opposite end of the big room towards a row of five metal, fold-out chairs; ironically seated right besides a normal-sized Wakko. "What'a meanie."

"Tell me about it." Dot agreed, looking back at your shocked face. You can see the stage now in full, a movie-theater set in place. You don't even register Yakko innocently arguing with the little person who looked like he was about to pull his white beard out in rage (it appeared like Yakko unintentionally managed to move the topic from you to him. You'd have to thank him for that at a later date).

"U-Uhm, Miss Dot, M-Mister Wakko. It's time to get r-ready for the s-s-set." A blond-haired woman spoke, seeming to hide behind her tiny clipboard at an unreasonable distance. She popped out of nowhere with your lost track of mind. You could only stare in slight confusion as Dot and Wakko both turn to you.

"We'll be right back!" Dot shouts, hopping off the chair to the right of you and making her way after the shaking lady with Wakko following suit. They merrily march out of sight and it leaves you remaining with the thought of Oh my God. Did you almost just get fired? On your first day?! Did Yakko save you? Literally? Was this a bluff? Just how valuable are you to this company? Could they find a replacement for you that fast? Does having the three chaotic evils on your side make you uncharacteristically invincible? Do you even want to risk it? What are you gonna do? How can you control the seemingly uncontrollable? What even-

"You okay?" You shake your head lightly for the 5th time today and blink up at the eldest toon.

"Oh, uh, yeah." Should you ask him? No, that would be a death sentence.

"You sure? You seem a little, well, spacey." In turn, Yakko twirls his finger around with a lean of his head. Taking the seat Dot sat in previously, his arms hold onto the edge of the chair to support his forward angle.

"Hm." He swings his legs in return.

"Hey. He can be a handful sometimes, most people are. They don't respond to our zany-ness as well as you do." Yakko moves closer to you and looks up at your neutral face.

Before it could get any crazier and he still had some form of sanity to hold a sound conversation, you ask, "Did you just unintentionally save me from losing my job?"

"Unintentionally? No. I'm just more annoying then you." He grins and wiggles his brow in a teasing manner. You reply with a lift of one of your own eyebrows.

"Well, whatever you did, thanks." You look ahead and watch one of the crew members walk past while another further away is sweeping up the left-over crumbs; let's be honest, there were none. The set seemed pretty quite for an active stage. You questioned if any of that had to do with your earlier interaction.

"Eeughhh no problem. Anything for our favorite intern!" You think back to your talk with Wakko that happened to be very similar to this one and hold back a small smile. That is, until you spare Yakko a glance.

Batting his eyelashes and inhumanly puckering his lips, you shove his face away with a harsh scowl. You spoke too soon.

"Watch it."

"Eeughhh maybe next time."

"Yeah, no." You start to stand and stretch your arms over your head along with hearing a satisfying 'pop'.

"Yeah, next time."

A.N. Some Yakko interaction for my delay in posting.

Thank you everyone for pulling through my long, unintentional wait-times and sticking with this story! It means a lot. I hope that this chapter brings you some closure with the lack of Yakko interaction. Don't worry! Dot's next!

Keep voting and commenting! My current goal is to have this book be ranked #1 in Yakko ; at the time of writing this, it is ranked at #8. Just a personal, little objective to keep me motivated to update/write! Thank you everyone for your contribution!