prolouge

"please, be safe harry. the weather isn't looking too good."

"i'm just going down the street, i'll be fine. kiss me," harry said, poking his lips out for zayn to attach his. zayn stood on his toes, placing his lips onto harry's before separating and going to his cheek.

"i love you. just incase." he stuck out his pinky and waited for harry to lace theirs together, something they've been doing for five years now.

"i love you, too."

a month and a half. that's how long zayn and harry have been apart. he blames himself for it. if he didn't let harry leave, he wouldn't have gotten in the crash. he wouldn't have retrograde amnesia. he wouldn't be with louis in the same house as him. harry would be with his husband, taking care of him and their unborn child.

he spent weeks crying after harry was out of the hospital. it got to the point where he hated living there, louis was always around and they were always sexual when he was there. he knew louis had feelings for harry but he didn't know louis would go this far just to be with him.

when harry got out of the hospital, zayn hid everything. he had no idea why, he just wanted harry to be happy. if that meant letting him and louis be 'together' then he'd let it happen, at least until harry got his memory back.

zayn was seven months pregnant, walking around in large shirts and hoodies around the house. he never went out of, what was now, his room unless it was to shower, use the bathroom, or eat. other than that, he was always alone and no one ever came to see if he was okay or wanted to talk.

what he didn't know, was that the whole time harry was with louis, he just didn't feel right. louis was nice but he was a little too sassy for harry's liking. he never helped with his memory either. harry felt as if he was only in it for the sex. even then, harry still didn't feel right. sometimes it was so bad, he wouldn't even get hard.

there are days when he hears crying from zayn's room and he wants to go talk to him to see what was wrong, but louis never lets him.

he'd always tell him that zayn was fine and he was just frustrated about something, or he didn't like when people talked to him while he was frustrated.

louis felt no shame in lying to harry at all. he finally had him and he wasn't letting him go willingly.

he didn't care if it was wrong, he didn't care how stressed out and hurt zayn was or how his child would grow up without his other father, he wanted harry and now he has him.

zayn didn't understand why louis was being like this. they were best friends, brothers almost. yeah louis had a crush on his husband but he didn't know he'd put him through this in order to be with harry, forcefully.

it was almost as if he hadn't known him at all. like the years of friendship meant nothing to louis and his best friends husband meant more.

zayn was scared that their baby wouldn't even make it since he was so stressed out and depressed, and that alone scared him more than anything else.