One: The Past and Now

How long? Just how long has it been? A few years? Try five. Five years since I've last seen him, and five years since the last time I've got to embrace, or even...kiss him. Five years he's been stuck on my mind, but also a time where I've gained many things by just thinking about what I lost. A rat, that's what he was or..is. We both agreed before he left this was the right thing to do. I help reconstruct the West district and No.6, while he goes and does god knows what, but it shouldn't matter. He probably doesn't even remember. For god sakes, I don't even know where the hell he is! One thing ,though, is for certain. I want him. I want him here, with me. Seeing the new world after the collapse of the hell hole No.6.

That's my deepest wish. To have him back, the one I love most.

~

After the collapse of the wall 'guarding' No.6 from the West district, I was able to see my mother, and now she helps take care of the child I found and saved five years ago. He's gotten big, no doubt, but he's also turned out to be a very nice looking hound man. I'm so glad that he's here. One less thing for me to regret. I guess I would be considered his uncle? That's strange, I never would have thought that would happen. But enough doting on these things. I feel like I'm starting to ramble on. We have almost completely recovered an reconstructed the area where the most disaster was done, and everything in No.6 was scoped out. The Correctional Facility was torn down after trying to recover most of the bodies there. The Moon Drop cried that day, and it brought back memories of my 12th birthday with her. I apologize, it still hurts to bring up her name.

Mostly everyone now has a home and a family or starting one. It's nice to see children running around outside. They've also opened up a library. Since No.6 forbade reading of classic literature, people from the city thought it was strange seeing actual copies of books. To be honest it was quite entertaining to see them pick one up.

My mother, Sion, and myself all live together and we have a dog. Yes, we have two in the same house. Dogkeeper gave us the dog, and I the pleasure of naming the dog, though it was hard. I named him Romeo, after one of Shakespeare's characters from one of his greatest plays.

~

I feel like life has had it's ups and downs. Its pleasures and displeasures, but in the end it's been good so far and I hope it gets even better from here.