12. LONGTIME FRIEND

V's POV

He doesn't need to remind me of my manners right? I'm not a kid. And he must know that I'm not a party person. Yet, here we are, arriving an hour ahead of the ball's invitation time?! Who are they?

It totally pissed me off. If it wasn't for Minnie's whining, I'd still be asleep and dreamed of Taeyoung. Damn Yoongi, he took advantage of my weakness by having Minnie to force me to attend the ball.

"Mr. Min!"

Who? I observed him over Yoongi's shoulder, who was now standing right before my eyes. I guess he's their PA or right-hand man.

"Mr. Min. We've been waiting for you." He greeted us with a smile engraved on his face, but the restlessness was evident in his every move.

"Mr. Lee! Are we late?"

"Absolutely not. You guys came on time. Ohh... I-I guess you are Mr. Kim V, right?"

I remain silent, with my eyes fixed on his quivering brown irises as Yoongi answers on my behalf.

"Glad to see you Mr. Kim - I'm Lee Minho, Mr. Kim's secretary and PA.

I hum in response and I can feel his cold yet clammy hand as we shake hands.

"Please come in! Mr. and Mrs. Kim are waiting for you."

Mr. Lee led us to the presidential suite, and the first thing that seized my eyes as soon as the door opened was, the painting of a dusk that colored Seoul city that unfolds through the translucent glass. With its soft light flooding the room in a contemporary design, which is dominated by neutral colors while still maintaining a touch of golden-oak finishing. And there, with the twilight glow behind them, revealed two silhouettes of a middle-aged couple, who I assumed were Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

"Suga-ssi, thank you for coming." They approached us at once and greeted Yoongi, while Mr. Lee excused himself, leaving the room.

"My pleasure, Mr. Kim. I apologize if we made you wait too long."

"No! Not at all! We just played with our grandson to kill time, then his cousins came and asked him to play." Mr. Kim explained and now shifting his attention to me.

"Mr. Kim, this is Kim V. He's the one who will fulfill your request." Yoongi announced by pulling me forward slightly.

Mr. Kim held out his hand for a handshake. I hesitate for a moment before Yoongi nudges me with his elbow and I shake his hand.